Re: [Death To Religion] (unknown)

  • Bill Brown
    Message 1 of 56 , Jan 31, 2010
      On Jan 31, 2010, at 11:08 PM, praesto12 wrote:

      What is something positive that "Atheism" has given humanity?
      Richard

      BB:
      Atheism never gave anything to anyone. It is simply the absence of
      belief in god(s).
      Freethought however offers humanity salvation from redemption,
      superstition and dogmatic
      authority driven, anti-scientific nonsense. Freethought typically
      exemplifies and promotes the
      only reliable means to interpret reality, by relying on reason,
      logical inference, critical thinking and
      scientific methodology. Is that positive enough?

      What has Theism given humanity, pray tell?

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCUYiflkXHc

    • Clint
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 16, 2010
        praesto12 wrote:
        > praesto12 wrote:
        >> What would you like for me to cite or to respond to? ????? I'm not refusing to answer any of your questions.
        >> There is nothing I 've seen in your emails that is unanswerable, nor am I "avoiding" anything you have to say.
        >> Ask!
        >
        > How convenient.. .
        >

        > Rich: What would you like to discuss?

        The same thing I've been asking all along that you say you haven't
        avoided. What god? What is it? Where is it? How can I talk to it? If it
        exists, how come I don't know it?