Re: [Death To Religion] Re: Fw: Darwin Admits Creator

    Message 1 of 117 , Nov 3, 2009
      "The point is that plenty of sites, places, things reported in the Bible
      have indeed been confirmed by archeology and other disciplines."

      Maha if that's what you're talking about, names and places as in the Bible,
      then of course that would be expected, even though some of them are not at
      all found in any extra-biblical literature. What you need are events, such
      as the Exodus or Jericho. The importance of the Merneptah stele, or victory
      monument, is that here is the first non-biblical reference to Israel: as
      "peoples" (the Egyptian mark), indicating some tribes that formed some sort
      of confederation, dated 1208 B.C.E. The tel-dan (dwd) inscription is a
      possible reference to a man called "David," but it is very controversial,
      and of course tells us basically nothing about David.

      So please do give you evidence of archaeology.

      From: Clint <n1n31nchn3rd@...>
      To: deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 2, 2009, 10:26 PM

      Maha Vorsak Pra wrote:
      > Richard: Easiest thing to do is simply type into google, 'archeological
      > evidence for the Bible, or some such phase. There is so much listed it's
      > actually hard to decide where to start.
      > Mahavorsak

      Yes. People go out to find something described in the bible, like an ark
      for instance. They dig up an old boat and declare it Noah's based on
      nothing but the notion that it's similar in size therefore it has to be
      the one from the bible therefore some god exists.

      It's nonsense and man made artifacts do not prove a god exists.

    • Judy
      Message 117 of 117 , Nov 5, 2009
        Thank you Maha for being so gracious also.
        Judy

        ________________________________
        From: Judy <cobbie1919@yahoo. com>
        To: deathtoreligion@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 8:39 PM

        Maha, it could have been me, as I real a lot of books....  No problem for me.
        Judy

        From: Judy <cobbie1919@ yahoo. com>
        To: deathtoreligion@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 3:41 PM