The U.N.

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009
      Posted by: "Richard Godwin" meta@...   metaschematai
      Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:08 am (PST)
      Three reasons might suffice. 1. they mess up everything they get into. 2.
      rampant corruption. 3. the accomplish nothing.

      Hello Richard,

      I am personally aquainted with a member of a European Army, an officer.  He is assigned to the U.N.
      He has much experience.  They do not 'mess up everything."  The Military of the U.N. is not corrupt (as for the Assembly of the U.N. I have no comment, they are entirely political). And they have saved thousands of lives. Many, into the thousands I'm sure. Example: when the American inspection team went into Iraq to search for Weapons of Mass Destruction, the U.N. accompanied them. I was told there were on WMD's in Iraq by this officer before and after the US invasion started,  which turned out to be true. Of course there is corruption in every military, but there is also corruption in churches, sports, and any other catagory of groups in the world.

      These military men and women do accomplish many things, we simply do not hear about their efforts. They save lives of many people, the only example I'll give you is from my friend. He was in Palestine clearing out Muslims citizens before the Jewish military bombed the town he was in. This was not in the recent military conflict there. The town was cleared when someone reported that there was a baby still inside a home. The Jews were contacted and told that the town was not cleared and my friend went back to the town to find the baby. Just as he found the baby, the Jews began bombing the town. After a time, he said about 10 minutes, the bombing finally stopped. The Jews bombed him and the town knowing that there were still people there. Only minor injuries occured.

      Religion is the major cause of war, all wars in my opinion. Iraq was about religion, Bush's christianity was a part of the reason he wanted to invade Iraq. He wanted a 'stronghold' in the region to help support Israel.
      If the area around Israel and the holy sites of the 3 major religions were made a world city or country, it may help with killing, bombing, hatred in that area. It may not work but it could be a solution and in my opinion is worth a try.

      Judy

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009
        Thank you Judy. I wasn't talking about the UN military. Just like
        corruption in the US govt is not the military. Many of those who operate
        the UN, and all its parts, have been caught, but with no corrections; still
        corrupt. Yes the UN has saved several thousand lives, out of how many that
        they are obligated to save? WMD's in Iraq was a flip of a coin. Hussein
        wanted the world to believe it, gave him more power, especially against Iran
        (he admitted that when he was captured). Not corruption in churches per se,
        but corruption in religious organizations of churches, and mega-churches,
        and television churches. And we do know the military and all people do
        accomplish things, and there are some unsung heros. And I agree with you on
        religion, Iraq, and Bush with right-wing Christianity. I have no idea what
        a "world country" possibly would be, but it would have to be composed of
        people, with religion: so which or both? If one, the other is kicked out?
        If both, same problem.

        Best wishes,