moment of humor

  • baruch_emmet
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2008
      As some of us approach a major holiday next week, I was praying (no,
      be honest here... occasionally thinking in a semi-distracted sort of
      way) about how to explain things scientifically to those who have
      demanded it. You know, equations, clear and step-by-step language,
      etc.

      A friend sent me this.

      Who says prayers don't get answered!

      -----

      The Computer Engineer's Haggadah
      --------------------------
      Release ISRAEL
      ISRAEL running in slave mode, cannot release
      Set ISRAEL;mode=master
      Pharaoh already running in master mode, cannot change ISRAEL
      Set Pharaoh;mode=slave
      Command ignored
      Load Moshe
      Done
      Deactivate Pharaoh
      Pharaoh account hard locked;cannot be deactivated
      For i=1 to 10 do plagues
      Are you sure? Y
      Done

      Release ISRAEL
      error: ISRAEL uninitialized
      Set ISRAEL = 600,000
      Done
      Release ISRAEL
      ISRAEL released

      Declare Matza;array(width=20,length=20,height=0)
      Done

      Move ISRAEL to Sinai
      OPERATOR WARNING! SYSTEM ABOUT TO CRASH! PHARAOH AND RED SEA
      HAVE LIMITED YOUR MEMORY SPACE! SAVE YOUR WORK!
      Save ISRAEL
      Specify save device
      Save ISRAEL with miracle
      Done

      Move ISRAEL to Sinai
      Done

      For I=1 to 10 do commandments
      Allocation conflict:Commandments cannot be operated with active
      golden calf routine
      Destroy calf
      Done
      For I=1 to 10 do commandments
      Done; commandments stored on hard rock device

      Move ISRAEL to desert
      Warning! Command could lead to infinite loop
      Move ISRAEL to desert;limit=40 years
      Done

      Build Mishkan
      Syntax error
      Build Mishkan;owner=Betzalel
      Done

      Move ISRAEL to ISRAEL
      Warning: operand terms must be unique
      Move ISRAEL to CANAAN
      Overload: cannot move all of ISRAEL to CANAAN
      set ISRAEL = ISRAEL - (SPIES * 10)
      Done
      Move ISRAEL to CANAAN
      Done

      -------

      You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

      Hannah