ISLAM, A BACKWARD AND REPULSIVE RELIGION

  • Martín Segovia
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2008
      (FWD. FOOD FOR THOUGHT)

      By quoting scientific discoveries with a religious deformation and by
      knowingly mistranslating words in their holy book, the Quran, to make
      it say things ancient people couldn't possibly know, muslim apologists
      show the typical dishonesty that fanaticism puts in those poor people's
      minds, by which they don't hesitate to lie, cheat, distort, invent, if it
      suits them to get gullible or troubled folks to become converts to
      their faith.

      If that were the case, as atheists it shouldn't trouble us since lies,
      deceit, irrationality, bullying, threatening (with the fire from
      hell), intolerance, repression, have been and are the marks of most
      religions.

      But in the case of islam, a fast growing religion in mainly poor and
      underprivileged areas of the world (its growth in the west is really
      mostly due to muslim families immigrating to western countries), there
      are some points that should be made to warn people about what a
      backward and repulsive belief it really is.

      If you are going to accept the Quran, you will have to be guided by
      laws (sharia) meant for primitive people with a profound contempt for
      women, that will make you obey obsolete and barabarous rules that
      nobody in the world today should accept, such as the right of men to
      marry several wives but not the same right to women, that people
      should be lashed, beheaded, stoned to death in public for 'crimes'
      such as adultery, infidelity, promiscuity, or have their hands cut off
      for a number of misdemeanors.

      A barbaric religion (THE ONLY IN THE WORLD) that condemns you to
      death if you are a muslim and decide to leave it or if you commit acts
      of blasphemy against its prophet Muhammad or its god or the Quran.

      No matter how many Al Ahzar muslim universities exist, maddrassas or
      islamic schools, that shouldn't fool anybody: free discussion and
      debate as in the west ARE NOTadmitted there, only blind and fanatic
      acceptance of all in their book or Muhammad's delusional nonsense
      (Quran) or you will be branded an unbeliever and be lynched by a
      muslim mob. No exaggeration here, it has happened and still happens
      in all muslim countries.

      A religion that can be used to cause impressionable young people to
      blow themselves up in the hope to reach heaven as martyrs (by their
      own holy writings they should go straight to hell for the murders of
      innocent people they commit), a religion that helps the oppression
      of women, a religion that denies people's reason and intelligence if
      that leads them away from the fanatic belief.

      It's not surprising that people in Egypt (like the Egyptian who comes
      here once in a while to preach and post muslim propaganda), a
      country so poor and with such illiteracy that no wonder ignorance
      and narrowly confined thinking reigns, if you live there and from
      early childhood don't conform, not only your liberty but your very
      life is at risk, or for pakistanis or indonesians or algerians or
      people at similar levels of lack of freedom and political progress,
      then all such propaganda may sound convincing and very familiar,
      but to unprejudiced and unbiased western ears who study all that
      with an open mind, it's all so preposterous, silly, ridiculous and
      unreal that it is really surprising they expect many converts in the
      west except for the immigrants from muslim countries, western
      snobs, black americans (many of therm in prisons) who will grasp
      anything to spite their political system.

      If such people were to actually read the Quran and the absurdities,
      backward notions, anachronisms, crudities it contains, and read a
      life of Muhammad to see what kind of manipulative and self-serving
      man he was, besides being a dreamer and forger of 'revealed' truth
      like so many other such 'gurus' before, not only there would not be
      any more converts to that backward religion (islam) but it would start
      to shrink and be reduced to a minimum level, because people
      everywhere want to be free and believe and do what they want, not
      what they are told to do, think and believe, which doesn't happen
      due to coertion and repression and intimidation, the tools more of
      a Mafia than those of a worthwhile institution.

      Peter

      (who is not afraid like Rushdie, condemned to death for blasphemy)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2008
        --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, Martín Segovia <martsego@...>
        wrote:

        > By quoting scientific discoveries with a religious deformation and
        > by knowingly mistranslating words in their holy book, the Quran, to
        > make it say things ancient people couldn't possibly know, muslim
        > apologists show the typical dishonesty that fanaticism puts in those
        > poor people's minds, by which they don't hesitate to lie, cheat,
        > distort, invent, if it suits them to get gullible or troubled folks
        > to become converts to their faith.

        Much of the 'scientific' knowledge in the Qu'ran was from the Greeks,
        there's nothing in it that people in that time would not have already
        thought.

        As for dishonesty, some religious people tend to be more interested in
        winning a convert then in honestly describing their religion.

        OTOH should the person who converted discover that they were lied to
        they are very likely to leave that religion (same when people are
        coerced to change religion as adults and then the coercion is removed).

        > If that were the case, as atheists it shouldn't trouble us since
        > lies, deceit, irrationality, bullying, threatening (with the fire
        > from hell), intolerance, repression, have been and are the marks of
        > most religions.

        True.

        > But in the case of islam, a fast growing religion in mainly poor and
        > underprivileged areas of the world (its growth in the west is really
        > mostly due to muslim families immigrating to western countries),
        > there are some points that should be made to warn people about what
        > a backward and repulsive belief it really is.

        The only reason Islam is growing so fast is because of fertility (and
        it isn't growing very fast in the west) with almost no one actually
        converting to it from other religions (and even then most of them are
        probably forced).

        > If you are going to accept the Quran, you will have to be guided by
        > laws (sharia) meant for primitive people with a profound contempt
        > for women, that will make you obey obsolete and barabarous rules
        > that nobody in the world today should accept, such as the right of
        > men to marry several wives but not the same right to women, that
        > people should be lashed, beheaded, stoned to death in public for
        > 'crimes' such as adultery, infidelity, promiscuity, or have their
        > hands cut off for a number of misdemeanors.

        Islam is about the only religion left in which the primitive laws
        actually are still expected to be followed. Christianity and Judaism
        both have a lot of crap in them but pretty much no one actually
        follows the rules in there (not even fundamentalist Christians or
        Orthodox Jews) and no one has been able to set up a state governed by
        biblical law (though certain idiots in the US are trying their best to
        do that) whereas there actually are Islamic states that have Sharia as
        their highest law (although even many of those have made some
        concessions to superior secular morality).

        > A barbaric religion (THE ONLY IN THE WORLD) that condemns you to
        > death if you are a muslim and decide to leave it or if you commit
        > acts of blasphemy against its prophet Muhammad or its god or the
        > Quran.

        Well Christianity and Judaism do that as well but right now they
        aren't really enforcing their old religious laws (though they used to
        and there are still some in the South of the US who are trying to).

        > No matter how many Al Ahzar muslim universities exist, maddrassas or
        > islamic schools, that shouldn't fool anybody: free discussion and
        > debate as in the west ARE NOTadmitted there, only blind and fanatic
        > acceptance of all in their book or Muhammad's delusional nonsense
        > (Quran) or you will be branded an unbeliever and be lynched by a
        > muslim mob. No exaggeration here, it has happened and still happens
        > in all muslim countries.

        True, I see no reason to dispute that.

        > A religion that can be used to cause impressionable young people to
        > blow themselves up in the hope to reach heaven as martyrs (by their
        > own holy writings they should go straight to hell for the murders of
        > innocent people they commit),

        Actually it doesn't matter, they are unbelievers and therefore can be
        killed with impunity (be careful here, the moderate Muslims whilst not
        a direct threat (and much better neighbours than the fundamentalists)
        are wrong when they say that Islam is a religion of peace).

        > a religion that helps the oppression of women, a religion that
        > denies people's reason and intelligence if that leads them away from
        > the fanatic belief.

        Sounds like a lot of other religions (though they don't have the kind
        of power that Islam has).

        > It's not surprising that people in Egypt (like the Egyptian who
        > comes here once in a while to preach and post muslim propaganda), a
        > country so poor and with such illiteracy that no wonder ignorance
        > and narrowly confined thinking reigns, if you live there and from
        > early childhood don't conform, not only your liberty but your very
        > life is at risk, or for pakistanis or indonesians or algerians or
        > people at similar levels of lack of freedom and political progress,

        Indonesia is somewhat better than the others (actually it's a lot
        better, women in Indonesia almost always show their faces) though
        still in need of serious improvement.

        Although there are still a lot of faith schools there.

        > then all such propaganda may sound convincing and very familiar,
        > but to unprejudiced and unbiased western ears who study all that
        > with an open mind, it's all so preposterous, silly, ridiculous and
        > unreal that it is really surprising they expect many converts in the
        > west except for the immigrants from muslim countries,

        They don't really get many converts in the west (just the Muslims who
        come over already brainwashed into Islam).

        > western snobs,

        Very few, much of the supposed left wing in the west is pro-Islam but
        that's not so much a liking of Islam as a hatred of capitalism (since
        radical Islam is about the only thing left that actually opposes
        capitalism).

        Most of the left wingers that appear to be allies of Islam are only
        allies in the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" way that the US was
        once an ally of Osama bin Laden not in that they actually like Islam.

        > black americans (many of therm in prisons) who will grasp
        > anything to spite their political system.

        Yeah, religious groups often like prisons because they have a captive
        audience (and if there are religious gangs in prison joining one can
        often be necessary to not get beaten up or raped) so you do see a lot
        of religious groups try to get their crap into prison (not just
        Islamic, there are a lot of Christian programmes in US prisons, some
        of which use coercion and quite a few of which have been ordered to
        stop by courts).

        > If such people were to actually read the Quran and the absurdities,
        > backward notions, anachronisms, crudities it contains, and read a
        > life of Muhammad to see what kind of manipulative and self-serving
        > man he was, besides being a dreamer and forger of 'revealed' truth
        > like so many other such 'gurus' before, not only there would not be
        > any more converts to that backward religion (islam) but it would
        > start to shrink and be reduced to a minimum level, because people
        > everywhere want to be free and believe and do what they want, not
        > what they are told to do, think and believe, which doesn't happen
        > due to coertion and repression and intimidation, the tools more of
        > a Mafia than those of a worthwhile institution.

        That seems to happen a lot when people actually do read it.

        It wouldn't surprise me if it had already happened in Iran (eventually
        the people there will kill the Mullahs are establish a legitimate
        government).

        > (who is not afraid like Rushdie, condemned to death for blasphemy)

        Sir Rushdie you mean?