Re: [Death To Religion] Re: I just recently joined and would like to throw in my two

  • Dr. Newton Joseph
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2007
      From: "bestonnet_00" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      To: <deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 7:27 AM
      Subject: [Death To Religion] Re: I just recently joined and would like to
      throw in my two

      > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Newton Joseph"
      > <drnjoseph@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> I think most often as people mature and feel more independent they
      >> realize that god is imaginary
      >
      > Some of them do but far too many don't.

      Those that do not are INSANE and I do mean INSANE. Christians have to be
      seen on good psychological evidence
      THE WORLD'S CREEPING INSANITY

      By Newton Joseph,Ph.D.

      INSANITY 1---mental derangement: not a technical term. 2---any form or
      degree of mental derangement or unsoundness of mind---that makes a person
      incapable of what is regarded as normal, rational conduct or judgment. 3
      great folly; extreme senselessness.

      IRRATIONAL 1 lacking the power to reason. 2 contrary to reason; senseless;
      unreasonable; absurd. FANATIC n. a person whose extreme zeal, piety etc.goes
      beyond that is reasonable.

      Virtually all insanity, most people would agree, goes unnoticed by
      the general public. However there is a form of genuine insanity which all
      people witness in the course of normal living of which they are not aware
      that is insanity. this form of insanity is manifested to those who take
      religion, Christianity for example, seriously. Christianity in the dominant
      religion of the United States and the Western world so I am using it as a
      case in point. Why do I say the belief in Christianity is insanity? First of
      all, those who adhere

      to this religion accept the existence of a God, the existence of which
      cannot be rationally demonstrated by valid Western philosophy nor by
      science. Secondly, those who accept this religion also irrationally
      attribute to this God; omnipotence, and omnipresence, omnipresence. Thirdly,
      those who accept this religion also irrationally believe that this God
      authored the bible, which renders it "infallible, inerrant word of God"
      which, therefore, makes it a prime source of authority for the teachings of
      the Church.

      Obviously, once one accepts these three beliefs on must
      believe/there/is nothing this God cannot do or know and nowhere this God
      cannot be. Everything that happens; things that are good and disasters which
      frequently occur such as mass starvation, suffering, illness, the cruel and
      violent death of innocent people and children are allowed to happen by this
      god, a God who by definition is omnipotent and omniscient and therefore
      could prevent these disasters. But they rationalize that "God moves in
      mysterious and strange ways"

      Christians and especially the preachers steadfastly believe that
      the bible is an actual, true, accurate account of those ancient times. This
      position is insane because these people are incapable of what is regarded as
      normal, rational judgment.

      ````````Christianity is totally absurd in as much as its entire purpose is
      to "save souls." What do Christians mean by "save souls"? They mean that
      every person is born in the state o sin. New born babies, innocent children,
      educated, ethical, law abiding adults --' All have sinned and come short of
      the glory of God" they say, as a result are banned from heaven and therefore
      need to be "saved" This concept is based on the absurdity of taking the Adam
      and Eve myth as the truth. This example and others too numerous to mention
      here it fits perfectly the definitions given at the beginning of this essay.
      They are of great folly and shows the lack of power to reason. In a word,
      they show insanity

      www.atheistfellowship.com

    • lord damien
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2007
        words simply cannot express the insanity of these christians. the horror of religious cultism that infects humanity is simply beyond comprehension

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 27, 2007
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 27, 2007
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 27, 2007
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 27, 2007