Re: Hello.

  • Lovejoe
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 25, 2006
      Start telling me why you are not Jew but Christ ?
      Jesus was born as Jew and his original religion was Jew too
      and he did not live enough to create or invoke
      another religion. He was still Jew when he died !!!!
      So who are Christians really ?
      Some guys after him transformed Jew into a new religion,
      by writing slightly different stories.
      And you believe in them, but not in Jews.
      What is the difference between Jew and Christianism?
      What Christians denounced or added to Jew to transform
      it to Christianism ?
      And continue telling us what is your sub-religion?
      Protestant, Orthodox or Catholic ?
      What is your sub-church?
      Why you still haven't created your own personal Church ???
      And tell me why you are Christ, but not Muslim ?
      And tell me that its your very own choice !
      And tell me that if you were born in Saudi Arabia or Iran
      you would still choose the Christ !!!!!!
      And make us laugh.

      Cem

      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "praesto12" <Praesto12@...>
      wrote:

      > Well I hope all of you guys are doing well.
      >
      > My name is Richard and I'm seeking an intellectual challenge to
      > Christianity from Atheist,Pantheist,Agnostic, and anyone else open
      > for fair discussion.
      >
      > Being as I don't publically debate(yet) I am looking for a lions
      > den in which I am able to challenge my faith in the message of
      > Christ.
      >
      > I noticed the web sites name so this seemed like a good site to
      > seek a challenge. I don't want the conversation to regress into ad
      > homenim attacks. I just want an intellectual dialouge on the most
      > important topic in human history-God. Anyone up for the discussion?
      > Thank you.
      > Grace and Peace.
      >

      > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "kensharp81"
      > <kensharp81@> wrote:
      > >
      > > While I don't entirely subscribe to LD's caustic tone, I agree
      > with
      > > him. From my experience this group seems to be open enough to
      > > engage "contrary" perspectives.
      > >
      > > I never considered this to be an "atheist group". "Death to
      > > religion", doesn't necessarily entail "death to god(s)". I'm not
      > > theist myself. However, that was the conclusion that I made
      > judging
      > > from the title...
      > >

      > > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, lord damien
      > > <lord_damien2002@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > yeah dont worry mate - you have managed to find an athiest
      group
      > > where you will be able to blabber away about your theocracy all
      > day.
      > > (presumably between your little prayer sessions to allah). so go
      > for
      > > it - hell - you will even get replies lol

      > the
      > > thought
      > > > >

      > > > Don't worry, it is neither.
      > > >
      > > > devas

    • lord damien
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 25, 2006
        Cem - hehehe - you make me laugh. that is very clever. I really doubt our friend praesto will ever truly listen to anything anyone says. We all know he is not here for discussion but merely to promote his god - and no doubt eventually his specific sub-religion which, incidentally, was his "very own choice". Perhaps i should learn to find more amusement in these people rather than focusing on the fact they are probably lost causes

        wrote:

        > Well I hope all of you guys are doing well.
        >
        > My name is Richard and I'm seeking an intellectual challenge to
        > Christianity from Atheist,Pantheist,Agnostic, and anyone else open
        > for fair discussion.
        >
        > Being as I don't publically debate(yet) I am looking for a lions
        > den in which I am able to challenge my faith in the message of
        > Christ.
        >
        > I noticed the web sites name so this seemed like a good site to
        > seek a challenge. I don't want the conversation to regress into ad
        > homenim attacks. I just want an intellectual dialouge on the most
        > important topic in human history-God. Anyone up for the discussion?
        > Thank you.
        > Grace and Peace.
        >

        > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "kensharp81"
        > <kensharp81@> wrote:
        > >
        > > While I don't entirely subscribe to LD's caustic tone, I agree
        > with
        > > him. From my experience this group seems to be open enough to
        > > engage "contrary" perspectives.
        > >
        > > I never considered this to be an "atheist group". "Death to
        > > religion", doesn't necessarily entail "death to god(s)". I'm not
        > > theist myself. However, that was the conclusion that I made
        > judging
        > > from the title...
        > >

        > > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, lord damien
        > > <lord_damien2002@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > yeah dont worry mate - you have managed to find an athiest
        group
        > > where you will be able to blabber away about your theocracy all
        > day.
        > > (presumably between your little prayer sessions to allah). so go
        > for
        > > it - hell - you will even get replies lol

        > the
        > > thought
        > > > >

        > > > Don't worry, it is neither.
        > > >
        > > > devas

      • a a
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 25, 2006
          Well, I suppose I shouldn't respond to your tone but
          try to specifically tackle what may be going on in
          your mind.
          First let me say that if you have serious
          questions,serious ideas and you want to intellectually
          challenge anything(logically) about the Christian
          message then I'm up for it.
          Secondly, if you're immature and just want to complain
          or bitch then I want no part of it. I want you to pose
          serious questions or ideas you have about God, and if
          you can then I will seriously "hear" you and try to
          adquately respond.
          Show respect and I will give respect.
          Show thought and I will give thought. That's really
          all I want,seriously.

          Okay, so there seemed to be a couple basic questions
          you had which would be "Why am I Christian instead of
          Jewish," "Why am I not muslim," and "What is the role
          of cultural influence in the religion one adheres to,
          and if I were born in a different culture would I be a
          different religion just because of my
          culture-contrasting cultural influence to Free will
          and autonomy of thought." If this is a fair assesment
          of what you're asking then I will respond.

          First, Yes, absolutely Christ was a Jew-he is their
          Christ as well. He was one of the purposes why the
          Jews were chosen-to give the messiah-something
          prophecied hundreds of years before Christ was
          born,something you may want to look in to. So
          objectively and logically I think the prophecies of
          the Old testament, the alignment of the Christ to
          these prophecies, the fullfillment of the reality of
          the Christ as the manifested word of God-that being
          the Old testament I think that it is fair to "chose"
          Christ over just the Jewish Tradition. However the
          True definition of Jew is Praise, the word means
          Praise and honestly I'm simply adopted into the family
          of God as first manifested to the Jews. There
          shouldn't really be a huge difference between Jews and
          Christians in all truth, we are in the same family.
          Most of the difference which may be presented is a
          result of Jewish Pride or of "Christian" ignorance.
          The Old testament and the New are in compliation to
          one another, we are all(if honest) in this developing
          kingdom of God. I can discuss that further if you'd
          like. Personally however I'd have to say that I enjoy
          gospel music and have read too much of Christ's
          message to not be Christian, but that's personal
          opinion, not objective fact at that point.

          Secondly, why am I not Muslim? Easy, Compare the
          message,impact,reality and nature of Jesus the Christ
          and of Muhammed and you will see that Christ is who he
          says he is, muhammed is not.Compare them.

          Lastly, if I were born in a muslim country would I be
          muslim, well I think that's not really the question
          persay but rather it's a question of "is one's culture
          the sole contributor to one's religion" and my answer
          is no. Culture influences us deeply, obviously but
          there is too much to the contrary to reduce religious
          choice to cultural thought. I'm an example of that and
          probably millions of people are what they are because
          of their thinking not soley because of their culture.
          If you think this is impossible then what about you,
          are you just the result of culture or are you making a
          free choice?
          If you are the result of your culture then would you
          consider thinking outside of your culture, and if you
          are not the result of your culture then wouldn't it be
          possible for others to not be the result of their
          culture?

> [...]
          > > > him. From my experience this group seems to be
          > open enough to
          > > > engage "contrary" perspectives.
          > > >
          > > > I never considered this to be an "atheist
          > group". "Death to
          > > > religion", doesn't necessarily entail "death to
          > god(s)". I'm not
          > > > theist myself. However, that was the conclusion
          > that I made
          > > judging
          > > > from the title...
          > > >

          > > > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, lord
          > damien

          > find an athiest
          > group
          > > > where you will be able to blabber away about
          > your theocracy all
          > > day.
          > > > (presumably between your little prayer sessions
          > to allah). so go
          > > for
          > > > it - hell - you will even get replies lol

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • a a
          Message 4 of 27 , Sep 25, 2006
            What are Christians really?

            I like this question.

            Let me simple say that a Christian is just one who
            follows the message of Christ,believes in the Christ,
            and expresses the love,reason,hope,faith and light
            that God gives to the world as manifested through
            miracles,the scriptures, the intimacy of prayer, the
            hope of Christ and the standard and reality of the
            redemptive life Christ gives.

            If I missed any questions guys it's not because I was
            avoiding them I just didnt' have time to respond.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • a a
            Message 5 of 27 , Sep 25, 2006
              Lord damien in response to your email let me say:

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • lord damien
              Message 6 of 27 , Sep 26, 2006
                Richard - you are full of shit. you are a brainwashed cultist and you want to preach not discuss. your cultism isnt worth serious consideration. stop wasting our time

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                Message 7 of 27 , Sep 26, 2006
                  --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Lovejoe" <konusan1@...> wrote:

                  > As far as you do not grasp scientific philosophies
                  > and know the history of the area that you love to work,
                  > you cannot be a damn good complete scientist.

                  That applies to you just as well.

                  > It's not wise to come into deathtoreligion group and
                  > promote your views of god or religious science,
                  > thinking may be that deathtoreligion'ers are absent of science...

                  That also applies to you as well.

                  > They left extremely complex hypothesis and ungraspable
                  > number of dimensions together with imaginary solutions,
                  > imaginary experiments, imaginary particles, forces etc
                  > to the next generation.

                  But it all agrees with reality (and a great many of those imaginary
                  particles have been detected).

                  > Hiting the wall is a good example, because some of 3rd generations
                  > do not stop by hitting the wall once,
                  > they want to hit again and again... Like religious people
                  > hits themselves to cry-walls or whatever.
                  > For example; if one understand and agrees with
                  > the theory of General Relativity, should not run after
                  > an imaginary particle called "graviton".

                  Why not? Quantum theory would require that such a thing exist and if
                  we are to unify Quantum Mechanics with General Relativity we're
                  probably going to have to have a graviton.

                  > Could imagine it, could use it in a mathematical model
                  > or whatever, but should not get crazy to find it !
                  > If one spend his/her life searching for a "real" graviton
                  > means three things:
                  > 1- GR is wrong.
                  > 2- He/she understood GR but does not agree.
                  > 3- He/she agree with GR but does not understand.

                  Of course General Relativity is wrong. But then again, so is almost
                  everything we know about the universe.

                  But that doesn't mean it isn't a very good approximation to how the
                  universe really works (and it is a useful theory despite being almost
                  certainly wrong).
                  Message 8 of 27 , Sep 26, 2006
                    I've been in enough debates with religious people to realise that they
                    usually don't get anywhere (other than a massive flame war).

                    If you're interested I'd suggest you have a look at the following web
                    sites.
                    http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ (bible with all the bad stuff
                    highlighted)
                    http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/index.html (good articles on
                    atheism, the problems of theism along with some rather funny articles)
                    http://www.nobeliefs.com/ (good articles, just ignore the political
                    bullshit)
                    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Rhodes/3991/OpenMinds.html (certainly
                    an interesting web site, more emphasis on the fact that it isn't just
                    atheism and Christianity (not sure what the webmaster believes though))
                    http://www.christianitymeme.org/ (explains how a lot of atheists think
                    of religion)
                    http://web.archive.org/web/20021012061936/http://www.geocities.com/iconoclastes.geo/
                    (if Yahell doesn't cut it off. Has history of Christianity that the
                    churches don't usually mention, not on the web anymore but accessable
                    with the Wayback machine)
                    http://www.alternet.org/story/36195 (Why Religion Must End --- I'll
                    let you figure out what that might be)
                    http://www.infidels.org/ (pretty much the source for articles on
                    atheism and also the best place to look for the arguments made for
                    atheism and against theism)

                    If you want to understand us and our arguments better looking at some
                    of those links would be a good start.

                    --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "praesto12" <Praesto12@...> wrote:

                    > Well I hope all of you guys are doing well.
                    >
                    > My name is Richard and I'm seeking an intellectual challenge to
                    > Christianity from Atheist,Pantheist,Agnostic, and anyone else open
                    > for fair discussion.
                    >
                    > Being as I don't publically debate(yet) I am looking for a lions
                    > den in which I am able to challenge my faith in the message of
                    > Christ.
                    >
                    > I noticed the web sites name so this seemed like a good site to
                    > seek a challenge. I don't want the conversation to regress into ad
                    > homenim attacks. I just want an intellectual dialouge on the most
                    > important topic in human history-God. Anyone up for the discussion?
                    > Thank you.
                    > Grace and Peace.
                  • Lovejoe
                    Message 9 of 27 , Sep 26, 2006
                      I am "joking" with you because you "think" you are smart,
                      you can challenge with all non-believers,
                      you have the enlightment, you are on the right track,
                      you are the one... moreover you think you have spiritualy strong!
                      Stereotype of unsatisfactory Christians
                      (or any other religious person)...

                      And you can not stand or tolerate my tease, because the "thing"
                      I joke about is your master choice and reason of existence...

                      We all trying to find our ways and meanings, while you
                      found a stone to stand on it and you think its the only way
                      and all the meaning of life and you think we all are crazy
                      not to stick to your stone. You can generate thousands
                      of reasons and excuses to prove your choice of standing
                      on that stone is the best and most thing a human can acheive
                      and searching for another way is complete nonsense...
                      If anyone pees to your stone, you get crazy! Because its
                      the whole meaning and center of your life! A stone
                      that someone throw away 2K years ago...
                      Actually it makes you too fragile.

                      Christ is something you learned, you liked and you valued
                      and took extremely serious. You took too serious that you think
                      you have to prove every other belief or unbelief is wrong!
                      To satisfy yourself as you were extremely correct to choose Christ...
                      If you cant challenge and prove once more that you are right,
                      you'll never sleep easy.
                      I have no such problem, to prove or unprove anything to you!!!

                      When you have a pain, would you try to convince me that
                      your pain is real, your pain is important,
                      your pain must be taken into care...
                      I'm not a doctor, but I can tell you to remove
                      the pin from your butt and your pain will be over.
                      And I don't have any pain like yours.
                      Why shall I bother myself with your pin or pain ?
                      But you want to bother me, because you think you can share
                      your pain with me and I can't resist having your pain,
                      you want to see more and more people around you sharing the
                      same pain! You'll be happy then..
                      Because the pin and its pain is so important to you,
                      so real, your pain and the pin became your reason of existence.

                      How can I keep myself from joking when I see very similar
                      situations ?

                      One day, my 6 years old, after coming from the school,
                      started telling us "he loves Jesus" and
                      asking "aren't we all love Jesus ?"
                      We immediately understood what was going on in the school,
                      his brain wash by the community is started...
                      But we knew this will happen and we have strategies already.
                      We did not react strongly, which would be the worst mistake.
                      We asked questions like we have no idea what he is talking about...
                      Do you know Jesus? Have you met with him? What is your
                      reason to love him? Was he good man? What he did for your good?
                      Son is confused.
                      To love someone we must know him/her by heart!
                      He should learn reality and factuality.
                      Do you love mother? Do you have a reason?
                      Do you love your grand-grand pa? He says yes too,
                      but later realized he never saw grand-grand-pa
                      and he could only love him, if we tell impressively
                      nice stories about him !
                      At 6 years, he can be convinced to anything by adults.
                      And if and once he is convinced its near to impossible
                      to remove it in his adelosance. He will start seeking
                      networks and ateist groups to challenge to satisfy himself!

                      We try to convince him asking questions, all kind of questions
                      and not to believe "any" imposed answer immediately.
                      If he gets tired to ask questions then he will be a believer
                      of one or another stream of loosers.
                      If his heart does not get tired by pumping, his brains
                      should not give up asking questions to realize things.

                      It's our strugle to protect his brain from washes
                      to make his way easier to be a free minded man who
                      can evaluate everything objectively and rationally.
                      At the end, if he chooses to believe in a religion,
                      it will be more concious and self willing at least...

                      Actually, you may not know the meaning of word "mature".
                      You think if someone is teasing with your "most important
                      and most valuable" beliefs and thoughts
                      then he/she must be immature. You threat them
                      by calling them "immature" to protect your fragile feelings.

                      Can you imagine that depending on the situation and
                      circumstences being a mature or immature have different
                      meanings and values, sometime immaturity could be seen good,
                      like being a kid, innocent, fun and restless...

                      For example, my dad tells, in his village,
                      the whole population in that village were
                      threwing away the red tomatoes, directly into trash
                      becuase they see red tomatoes not mature but rotten.
                      They use sour green tomatoes as fruit,
                      when it turns into red they are thrown.
                      Who is right ? Us who eat red tomatoes thinking mature
                      or my dad's villagers ????
                      Who's acceptance or view is most valuable?
                      Villager's want to challenge with us and with you,
                      are you ready ????

                      I'll give you real life examples, to realize what
                      is really mature, what is not:
                      If one thinks he is completely right and know everything
                      and thinks others that do not share his thought or believes
                      are wrong de-facto, is actually called "immature",
                      like my very own kid.
                      He is 6 years old and he thinks
                      he knows everything better than me or mother !
                      He calls for challenge!
                      At 6 yrs. He calls challenge to prove us wrong!
                      For example he wanted to watch 2 movies
                      in saturday, and we say 1 movie is enough,
                      you must do some "other" activities.
                      And he shouts "you do not know a damn thing,
                      I know better than you, kids can watch even 3 movies
                      in saturdays, there is enough time!"
                      And when we do not agree with him and tease his
                      idea, he gets upset, this is why we call him "KID".
                      Because he "believes" the "time" is important to select what to do,
                      not "diversity and improving himself in other aspects" !
                      He can't see that, he is damn right in his immature world!

                      And sometimes, as he grow up, he learns to be a modest,
                      he sees that there are other ideas and ways and logics
                      and values and wills and "criterias" etc in the world and
                      nothing is entirely correct or wrong,
                      and his minds getting mature, he makes jokes, he tease our
                      stupidities and nonsense ideas and we think
                      he is "maturing" at age 6...
                      When he will be able to laugh at himself, his beliefs,
                      and his nonsenses, then he will be considered as "mature".

                      Actually, thinking themselves as "the one"
                      is kind of stereotype in believers, as we
                      closely see in past couple of days here:
                      Two new guys entered to group and
                      the first one started his writing declaring that:
                      "I am a damn good scientist ... and believer"
                      the next, I mean you, declared kind of challenge
                      "I can challenge with all of you here on Christianizm
                      ... if you do not insult (tease) my feelings!"

                      You see the similarities?

                      Can you see what we are really opposing and fighting against ?

                      Religion is only one aspect or outcome of such
                      washed and programmed brains that learned to cheat their own
                      self-satisfaction, believing that
                      their master choice is correct...

                      Chris or Cross or funny days!

                      Cem

                      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, a a <Praesto12@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > <Praesto12@>
                      > > wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > Well I hope all of you guys are doing well.
                      > > >
                      > > > My name is Richard and I'm seeking an intellectual
                      > > challenge to
                      > > > Christianity from Atheist,Pantheist,Agnostic, and
                      > > anyone else open
                      > > > for fair discussion.
                      > > >
                      > > > Being as I don't publically debate(yet) I am
                      > > looking for a lions
                      > > > den in which I am able to challenge my faith in
                      > > the message of
                      > > > Christ.
                      > > >
                      > > > I noticed the web sites name so this seemed like a
                      > > good site to
                      > > > seek a challenge. I don't want the conversation to
                      > > regress into ad
                      > > > homenim attacks. I just want an intellectual
                      > > dialouge on the most
                      > > > important topic in human history-God. Anyone up

                    • Lovejoe
                      Message 10 of 27 , Sep 26, 2006
                        --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, bestonnet_00 <no_reply@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Why not? Quantum theory would require that such a thing exist and
                        if
                        > we are to unify Quantum Mechanics with General Relativity we're
                        > probably going to have to have a graviton.

                        Are you trying to say, graviton will reveal itself
                        if we are to unify QM and GR ? :-)

                        I think I disturbed your dreams and hopes on science.
                        Sorry but, if you know, Quantum theory
                        has two established parts, electrodynamics and chromodynamics
                        and none of them require graviton for the moment!

                        However, there is another improving and impressive study
                        called Quantum Field theory which deals with all particles
                        including hypothetical graviton and virtual ones,
                        and there are tries to incorporate gravity into
                        overall Quantum field theory using mathematics but
                        without any evidence of graviton.
                        Superstring theory explains and incorporates
                        gravity much better and healtier than the QFT.

                        It looks like a misarable quest,
                        because they can't even prove that gravity is a generated
                        ordinary force like electro, magnetic or nuclear forces,
                        that it requires a force carying particle...
                        Do not forget that anything which is in free fall,
                        while obviously is accelerating due to gravitation
                        has "no" forces acting on it. Magic?

                        Of course only GR explains how and why it accelerates
                        without "any" force acting on it.
                        But some obviously do not and cannot understand even if
                        they calculate most complex quantum equations in mind...

                        Therefore GR is the closest call to reality like QM,
                        but graviton idea of QFT is nowhere near.

                        You sound like, you put all your hopes into graviton
                        and Quantum theory, in place of God... :-)

                        Cem
                      • Dr. Newton Joseph
                        Message 11 of 27 , Sep 26, 2006
                          I CAN RECOGNIZE BRAINWASHING WHEN I READ IT
                          New10

                        • Dr. Newton Joseph
                          Message 12 of 27 , Sep 26, 2006
                            Being as I don't publically debate(yet) I am looking for a lions
                            > den in which I am able to challenge my faith in the message of
                            > Christ.

                            What you call faith is really a mental disorder learned since infancy. I
                            find it strange that you cannot see Christianity as an ignorant
                            superstition. Nevertheless, this is what brainwashing can do

                            New10
                            Message 13 of 27 , Sep 29, 2006
                              --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Lovejoe" <konusan1@...> wrote:

                              > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, bestonnet_00 <no_reply@>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Why not? Quantum theory would require that such a thing exist and
                              > > if we are to unify Quantum Mechanics with General Relativity we're
                              > > probably going to have to have a graviton.
                              >
                              > Are you trying to say, graviton will reveal itself
                              > if we are to unify QM and GR ? :-)

                              Quantum gravity is likely to have such a particle (and the standard
                              model which describes everything except gravity has been very successful).

                              > I think I disturbed your dreams and hopes on science.

                              Not really. For now I just see you as someone who doesn't understand
                              how science works.

                              > Sorry but, if you know, Quantum theory
                              > has two established parts, electrodynamics and chromodynamics
                              > and none of them require graviton for the moment!

                              Well they can't explain gravity so of course they don't have a graviton.

                              > However, there is another improving and impressive study
                              > called Quantum Field theory which deals with all particles
                              > including hypothetical graviton and virtual ones,
                              > and there are tries to incorporate gravity into
                              > overall Quantum field theory using mathematics but
                              > without any evidence of graviton.
                              > Superstring theory explains and incorporates
                              > gravity much better and healtier than the QFT.

                              Assuming superstring theory can even predict something we can test.

                              > It looks like a misarable quest,
                              > because they can't even prove that gravity is a generated
                              > ordinary force like electro, magnetic or nuclear forces,
                              > that it requires a force carying particle...

                              So?

                              > Do not forget that anything which is in free fall,
                              > while obviously is accelerating due to gravitation
                              > has "no" forces acting on it. Magic?

                              Or it has forces acting approximately equally on all parts of it.

                              > Of course only GR explains how and why it accelerates
                              > without "any" force acting on it.
                              > But some obviously do not and cannot understand even if
                              > they calculate most complex quantum equations in mind...

                              What?

                              > Therefore GR is the closest call to reality like QM,
                              > but graviton idea of QFT is nowhere near.

                              You haven't actually provided any good reason why GR should be closer
                              to reality than gravitons.

                              > You sound like, you put all your hopes into graviton
                              > and Quantum theory, in place of God... :-)

                              No. I simply understand that they are more useful than an imaginary
                              friend.