Dan is SORE LOSER!

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 4, 2006
      --dantreble wrote:
      > --"Mark" wrote:

      > > >-M: 'certainty' or *entrenched certainty*?

      > > D: You heard me the first time, Polly.

      >-M: You seem a bit *certain* about that.

      -M: Dan DODGED! #1

      > > >-M: The obvious first danger here is to be certain that
      certainty is insanity.

      > > -M: Doink! I had to reinsert that one because you DODGED it. #2

      > > D: The obvious first danger is letting you out of the Home. Your
      confusion is not contagious, but you get bird droppings everywhere.

      >-M: LOL! The confusion is yours for your *certain* position against
      *certainty* - doink!

      -M: DODGED! #3

      certainty...'What is the difference? They both yield action, correct?
      Maybe the only difference in in the long term. So it seems now that
      the only issue is one of *entrenchment*.

      > > > D: Entrenchment is a separate issue; it's a matter of greater
      degree of insanity. The "sane" person keeps "faith" and Reality
      separate.

      > > -M: But does anyone have Reality? You seem to think not, so now
      all that we have are our faith-based takes on this reality. All we
      act upon is our faith, and to deny this is to have *faith* to the
      contrary.

      > > D: We do have probability. What's the problem?

      >-M: The action, which evidences the decision thresholds of this
      probability, is *certain*. This is how we can be certain about
      certainty.
      So everyone acts as with certainty.

      -M: DODGED! #4

      > > >D: Inductive inference...

      > > -M: Redundant?

      > >D: No.

      >-M: Being *certain* again?
      I guess that someone could infer without inductively derived data,
      but wouldn't that tend to be fantasy?

      -M: Dan DODGED again! #5

      > > >D:...leads only to probability in conclusions. Reality (capital
      R) remains hidden to us. Profoundly so, when one considers our
      limitations in apprehending.

      > > -M: So now its *epistemological overconfidence*? This sounds like
      an entrenchment to me as I said earlier.

      > >D: Everything sounds like an entrenchent to you.

      >-M: Well is the point an entrenchment?
      Are you DODGING again, like a WUSSY? #6

      -M: Dan DODGED the question about him DODGING! - LOL! #7

      > >D: Nothing new there. You are entrenched in your view of
      entrenchment.

      >-M: I am entrenched in the truth? If so, how is this bad?

      -M: Dodged again! #8

      > >M: And to call this 'faith-based' seems to ignore the fact that
      countering opinions are also faith-based. Not good for functional
      differentiation for the purposes of categorization.

      > >D: That is how it seems to you, but you are the only thing being
      ignored. Get used to it.

      > > -M: Are you feeling stupid? #9

      > D: No. I'm feeling intelligent.

      -M: LOL!

      >D: As someone who has "whupped" you ever since your arrival,...

      -M: LOL! (I have asked Dan where he has successfully attacked the
      content of any of my posts, and he keeps DODGING!)

      >D: I'm enjoying your display of foolishness.

      -M: LOL!

      >D: I'm sorry that you don't have the capacity to enjoy it too. Dan

      -M: You enjoy the benevolent pain that you are addicted to.

      >M: Wouldn't you feel better if you were a sport?

      -M: Dodge #10 - LOL!

      So Dan prefers being a stupid dodge-monkey than being a sport.

      shanti
      Mark, Seattle WA USA
    • n1n31nchn3rd
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 5, 2006
        richard godwin wrote:
        > You are sick, sick, sick. Poor man.
        >
        > Richard.

        And here's the part where they slap you with pity and put you down for
        not being religious like they are.

        Typical.
      • lord damien
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 5, 2006
          Mark <parashakti108@...> wrote: --dantreble wrote:
          > --lord damien wrote:

          > >ld: interestingly enough there is research being done to see if
          intense religous belief results in physical changes to the brain
          structure.

          -M: I would imagine that it would. Imagine would your brain would be
          like right now without science, logic, English and mathematics. I
          would guess that your intense religous belief(built on these
          foundations) has strengthened your neural pathways.

          LD2 - i think the inference is a detrimental physical change not a positive one.

          > >ld:...it is well established that thought patterns and
          environmental factors can result in such changes. the question of
          whether religion is a disease is far from a fanciful one.

          -M: Only if such a religion is based on superstition...

          LD2 - name one that isn't (using my definition of religion not yours though)

          > D: Agreed.

          -M: ...or in your case, dodge-monkeyism.

          shanti
          Mark, Seattle WA USA

          True religion Religion Religion book Bad religion Christian religion Beliefs

        • dantreble
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 5, 2006
            --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, n1n31nchn3rd <n1n31nchn3rd@...>
            wrote:

            > richard godwin wrote:
            > > You are sick, sick, sick. Poor man.
            > >
            > > Richard.
            >
            > And here's the part where they slap you with pity and put you down
            for not being religious like they are.

            > Typical.

            Then they drag you to a pond and try to drown you, and steal
            your identity.