all the religions want an END TIMES, do you?

  • globalintent
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2006
      With the Administration's pressure on Iran, Iran's intent to begin
      selling its oil in Euros instead of dollars on March 20th, and the
      Administration's intent to stop releasing M3 money supply figures
      after March 23rd, it would seem we are sliding into a crisis. For
      sure, one would develop if we or our surregate state, Israel, bomb Iran.

      So, lets take a minute to look at what a collapse of the dollar and a
      dramatic increase in West-Islam hate would ultimately lead:

      Let me begin with the first exchange of nuclear missiles between two
      nations, perhaps before the end of a decade. "Other nations, fearing
      they might be the next victims of a first strike, would, in their own
      defense, feel compelled to strike first themselves. They would follow
      the US-established policy of "preemptive" war and a "best defense is
      offense" policy.

      One such war would start other ones until the world itself would be at
      war—accompanied by a drastic crash in human numbers. It would be the
      arrival of the much-longed-for "End Times" (or "The Hour" to Muslims),
      the one so eagerly awaited for thousands of years by billions of
      fanatical believers of the world's old religions. The Mahdi or
      "missing leader," Quetzalcoatl, the 5th Buddha, Krishna, the Jewish
      Messiah, and Christ would all be seen looming through the mists.

      But it would all be mere illusion. The faithful would be wrong again.
      Even with the massive population kill-off, the world and all its old
      societies would still be here.

      Instead of there being only one old faith left to speak for a single
      God, there would still be the three big ones—-including a primitive
      Judaic one--and a Marxist one still very sure He never even existed.
      No Anti-Christ would arise from the ground "speaking like dragons,"
      and those who do not love God would not have their candle sticks torn
      away from them (as in Rev 2:4-5). The stars would not fall from the
      Heavens, people would not become more righteous, and there would be no
      Peace on Earth."

      from page 191, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com

      charles
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2006
        --"globalintent" wrote:

        [...]

        >GI: They would follow the US-established policy of "preemptive" war
        and a "best defense is offense" policy. One such war would start
        other ones until the world itself would be at war—accompanied by a
        drastic crash in human numbers. It would be the arrival of the much-
        longed-for "End Times"...

        -M: End times aren't longed for in my tradition.

        As for the other traditions, the ruling families are simply pushing
        a misreading of the various scriptures for the sake of their
        imperialistic agendas.

        >GI:...(or "The Hour" to Muslims), the one so eagerly awaited for
        thousands of years by billions of fanatical believers of the world's
        old religions. The Mahdi or "missing leader," Quetzalcoatl, the 5th
        Buddha, Krishna, the Jewish Messiah, and Christ would all be seen
        looming through the mists. But it would all be mere illusion. The
        faithful would be wrong again.

        -M: Why would an apocolypse not come if they are going to cause it?
        (My tradition won't cause it but others probably will.)

        >GI: Even with the massive population kill-off, the world and all
        its old societies would still be here. Instead of there being only
        one old faith left to speak for a single God, there would still be
        the three big ones—-including a primitive Judaic one--and a Marxist
        one still very sure He never even existed. [...]

        -M: Yes, the old societies and gods will survive, including my own.
        Do you have a point?

        shanti
        Mark, Seattle