9786For Devas

  • dantreble
    Jan 21, 2006
      -from Steve Martin's Cruel Shoes

      THE BORING LEADING THE BORED

      (Reprinted from "Boredom Magazine")

      "Well,I never!" said Mrs. Watkins. The meeting of the
      College Council on Metaphysics then applauded her and
      stood up cheering. Of course, some of the old-school
      existentialists humbugged it, but nevertheless, the
      response was overwhelmingly positive. Then Mrs. Jenkins
      shouted over the crowd, "That woman never ceases to
      amaze me." The logicians and the semanticists gloated
      and looked anxiously over to the metphysicians to see
      their reaction to the carefully planted "never ceases"
      insertion. Mrs. Jenkins obviously had been working for
      the logicians to arouse insurrection among the three or
      four Zeno partisans. But suddenly Dr. Walker, who had
      been a recluse professor for almost 20 years, stood up.
      With the crowd instantly silenced by his commanding and
      unexpected rising, he uttered something so incredibly
      unutterable, so impossible, so unsolvable, that the mass
      of philosophy started heaving right and left and dying
      on the spot, blood bursting from their ears in an
      astounding death agony.

      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "devasma" <devasma@y...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks, it is one of my many talents. And if, by some rare chance,
      > you are saying I am boring, I agree.
      >
      > devas, boringer than you
      >
      > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, rj sundseth
      > <rj_sundseth@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > R.J.: Congratulations on calling the kettle black.
      > >
      > > devasma <devasma@y...> wrote: I'm definitely not doing anything
      > to change it. See, I just don't
      > > care. I come here for comic relief more than anything. And
      > secretly
      > > I'm in love with the all mighty leader bean.
      > >
      > > ...jesus built my hotrod...
      > > devas
      > >
      > > --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, rj sundseth
      > > <rj_sundseth@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > devas: "I'm always complaining about this board being
      boring
      > > and lacking
      > > > interesting debate."
      > > > R.J.: It seems as though you're not doing much in the way
      of
      > > trying to change that. However, I would be willing to discuss
      > > anything that you deem not "boring" or "lacking interesting
      debate."

      > > True religion Religion Religion book Bad
      religion