9339Re: Testimony is proof, is your testimony going to prove otherwise?

    Nov 1 10:49 AM
      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <parashakti108@y...> wrote:
      > --bestonnet_00 wrote:
      > >B: I don't see what difference that should make or why
      > >consciousness should require that the spiritual exist.
      > -M: OK. Some people think that consciousness is a trick of matter -
      > I respond by asking "Who is being tricked?"

      I wouldn't call it a 'trick' but I see no reason why it can't come
      entirely from matter and the interactions between the neurons in the

      > >B: But what is maximum sustainable happiness?
      > -M: In by tradition, we call this moksha or liberation. This is the
      > eliminaton of the impure ego, allowing one's loving natural divinity
      > and bliss to shine forth.
      > >B: If a person constantly has delusions that they are part of
      > something bigger and are very important they could become quite
      > happy without needing an 'authentic' spiritual experience.
      > -M: My experience is that delusions don't lead to sustainable
      > happiness.

      Many Christians are happy and manage to stay that way their entire life.
    • Show all 149 messages in this topic