13839Re: [Death To Religion] Re: Those who doubt vs. those who deny

  • Johnny Hawkins
    Mar 31, 2012
      The speed with which the people in this group reword and misquote is astounding, considering the intellectual confidence. That quote just stumps you guys over and over. No one said you know nothing, so no I'm not included in that group, and no one included you.
      I've attempted to share the truth I know, not to claim a superior amount or percentage. You insult, misquote, and deny another person's reality. No one is changing positions and that's okay. It was enlightening to see which turns the conversation took.
      There has been a long chronicled history of focused scholarly debates on this. I didn't begin writing you guys thinking we'd solve what they couldn't.

      "God is going to invade this earth in force. But what is the good of
      saying you are on His side then, when you see the whole natural universe
      melting away like a dream and something else — something it never
      entered your head to conceive—comes crashing in; something so beautiful
      to some of us, and so terrible to others, that none of us will have any
      choice left?
      "For this time it will be God without disguise; something so
      overwhelming that it will strike either irresistible love or
      irresistible horror into every creature. It will be too late then to
      choose your side. There is no use saying you choose to lie down when it
      has become impossible to stand up. That will not be the time for
      choosing; it will be the time when we discover which side we really have
      chosen, whether we realized it before or not. Now, today, this moment,
      is our chance to choose the right side. God is holding back, to give us
      that chance. It will not last forever; we must take it or leave it."— C.S.Lewis