13725[Death To Religion] Re: Researchers Prove Bible Grossly Mistranslated

    Jun 1, 2011
      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Godwin" <meta@...> wrote:
      > I think it is the Hebrew of the Code, not the Bible code theory
      > that doesn't make any sense, but a special code in the editing of
      > the HB during the Hellenistic period. I think these guys are right
      > on target. But I don't think they actually will break the code. I
      > don't see any possible way any intelligent being would claim they
      > are a bunch of crackpots who don't know what they're doing.

      Could it be because they look like they don't really know what they're doing? Could it be that they're claiming that everyone else (who have studied the language and literature written in it for decades) is wrong?

      Give it some time and I'm sure we'll see an expert take them right down.

      > Besides obviously you know absolutely nothing about this! Why
      > don't you go it and then comment:
      > http://www.thechronicleproject.org/

      Did you not notice me quote directly from them?

      > This is not the language of God, nor was it meant to be in the
      > writing of the HB or anytime. It has no connection with the Bible
      > Codes, and it is very from being like that. The two are opposite
      > ways of interpreting the Bible.

      I wouldn't say they are all that far away, while the methods may be somewhat different the underlying aim is to find a message in the bible no one else has found and I see no reason to suspect that what these guys have found is any more valid than bible codes.
    • Show all 32 messages in this topic