13648The Faith Instinct

  • eh60driver
    Jan 4, 2011
      I am reading an interesting book called "The Faith Instinct: How Religion
      Evolved and Why It Endures" by Nicholas Wade. It speaks of the
      evolution of religion from man's hunter/gatherer days to today's
      mega-churches. It begs the question, "Did we evolve this instinct as a
      method of survival to enable groups of people to interact and bond
      together or were we endowed with this instinct by god so that we may
      seek him/her/it out for purposes of worship"? Do humans need religion?
      Does Humanity need religion? The book does not much address the
      existence of a god, but our tendency to band together for worship.
      Wouldn't a bowling league be as effective?

      Rodg
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic