12579Re: [Death To Religion] 2009

  • eh60driver
    Jan 2, 2010
      First off, I didn't hit "rock bottom". This "realization" I speak of did not throw me into the "depths of despair". I began to realize these things on or shortly after 9/11/2001. It is just that this year, I made the final leap in my own mind. Second, how could I possibly be a "disappointed old man"? I have accomplished some wonderful things in my life and have been all over the world and have some very good friends. I have been married to the same woman for 39 years and am still in love with her and have two wonderful sons and three beautiful grandchildren. Are there things I would do differently if I could? Of course! Third, "Philosophy" may have been the wrong word to use. What I might have said was the general outlook of most people I come into contact with. People tend to be left or right, black or white (not in the racial sense), this or that, and the A-holes seem to get their way. I did not mean to disparage any particular philosopher, I'm sure they have their purpose.

      Rodg