11949Questions from a God fearing christian about Atheism

  • wolfray@ymail.com
    Aug 5, 2009
      Don't worry I'm not going to try to preach to you, so please read the whole message. I have a few legit questions that should be important as it actually has an effect on our eternal destination. I know where my destination is (Heaven) because of my choice of belief. Likewise you also have a choice. So heres my questions.

      1. How do you explain away the authenticity (accuracy) of the Bible? Side note: Some of the best books to read about faith, christianity and the Bible are written by documented athiests who originally set out to write a book proving christianity a hoax. Lee Strobel and Josh McDowell come to mind. If you use the same three test rule (bibliographical test, internal evidence test, external evidence test) to determine the authenticity of ancient literature, the Bible is by far the most reliable book ever written.

      2. How do you explain away the crucifixion?

      3. How do you explain the empty tomb?

      4. How do you explain the resurrection?

      5. How do you explain fulfilled prophecy?

      6. How do you explain the completely changed lives of those who witnessed the risen Lord? (Disiples, Paul, etc.)

      7. Why wasn't christianity proven to be a hoax 2000 years ago? After all there were many just as you who despised Jesus and his message and they had him killed.

      I will conclude this post with several Bible verses for you to ponder and a short story.

      Mark 4:13 so that, "they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding, otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!"

      Acts 5:38,39 Therefore, in the present case I advise you; Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if there purpose or activity is of human origin, it weill fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.

      Finally, three blind men were walking down a road and bumped into an elephant. The first grabbed its leg and said this must be a tree. The second grabbed the trunk and and said this must be a snake. The third grabbed the tusk and said this must be a spear. Moral of the story. The truth is the truth regardless of what we perceive. SO WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT OUR ETERNAL DESTINATION YOU AND I HAD BETTER KNOW THE TRUTH. ALOT DEPENDS ON IT.

      I hope to have some good discussion. You are welcome to email me also. PLEASE don't try to blow smoke up my butt with any pshyo enlightment. I know of what I speak and you won't change my thinking with it.

      May God Bless
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic