11405[Death To Religion] Re: A Strategy of 'Subversive Rationalization' for a post-Ab

    Apr 8, 2008
      --- In deathtoreligion@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Godwin" <meta@...> wrote:

      > Nothing really to comment on there. Another reason for withdrawing
      > the special legal priveleges of religious organizations is
      > exemplified in the just now court case initiated by the
      > fundamentalist Latter-Day Saints polygamists to prohibit continued
      > police investigations in their Texas compound, due to religious
      > exemptions.

      I can't see them winning that case, religious exemptions can't get you
      out of violating secular laws (otherwise people would be starting
      religions that require their adherents to rob banks).

      > It's completely ridiculous and clearly showing the necessity for
      > revising these laws protecting religions.

      I'd be more inclined to bring up faith healing and denial of real
      medicine to kids, that's probably the worst of all religious
      exemptions still existing in developed countries (and the polygamists
      aren't likely to win).
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic