Casting the DLM Movie

  • Amy Claire Sullivan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2007
      What a thrill today when I saw a casting breakdown from MGM. Sure
      enough they had a casting call for the part of "Calvin" described as
      a baseball player killed by a ball who will be the new head reaper in
      the direct to DVD film. He is under 30 and athletic.

      This breakdown shows that most of the other major roles have been
      cast, including George, Mason, Daisy, Roxie, Joy and Reggie. Althouth
      today they were not casting the part, they do mention another new
      character, Hudson. He is described as being a boy who had a crush on
      Reggie while alive. Hudson is taken under her wing by George.

      The entire motion picture industry in Hollywood, CA, USA must be over
      joyed because the casting is happening in the MGM building in Century
      City, just a chip shot from the Fox lot. There is no indication the
      film will be shot in Canada, as was the series.

      After seeing this breakdown, I did visit the DLM listing on IMDb, to
      see if by chance the 2007 film was mentioned. So far, it is not even
      shown in pre-production. The most recent listed booking for Ellen
      Muth is DLM. I would have expected her to book as often as Cynthia
      Stevenson, who is such a delight as "Chief Celia Bachelor" on the ABC
      series "Men in Trees" (produced by WB) which goes into Season 2
      production any day now back in Canada using stages on the same lot
      where DLM was filmed.