Gay District Relaunch: Free Open House and Housewarming at DC Center [DC-area event]

  • Audacity
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2013

      Everyone is invited to Gay District Relaunch: Free Open House and Housewarming at DC Center on April 5 from 7-10pm.  Free and open to the general public – regardless of age, sex, gender, orientation, etc. – this event celebrates Gay District (GD) changing locations from DuPont to the DC Center on U Street and transitioning from meeting weekly to twice-a-month, on the first and third Fridays.

      GD is a community-based nonprofit, free social and discussion group for Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Question men age 18-35.

      All are welcome to join us Friday April 5, 2013, 7-10pm at the DC Center.  LGBTQI people and allies; men, women, & everyone in-between and beyond of all ages; whether from DC, MD, VA, or elsewhere – come out to show your support for GD, meet current and former participants, or just check out the DC Center, located at 1318 U Street NW, between 13 Street and 14 Street.

      http://www.thedccenter.org/blog/2013/04/gay-district-relaunch-free-open-house-and-housewarming.html

      From Gay District:

      We will be hosting an Open Housewarming at the site of our new Friday night facilitated discussion, The DC Center! Located at, 1318 U Street, NW, The DC Center has been the home for resources to the LBGT community for many years and now they have opened their doors to us.  As we are welcomed to our new home please join us for light fare and beverages. We hope to have attendees of the past and present show up in full force.  In lieu of gifts - i.e. microwaves and toaster ovens  - please bring your favorite memories to share and help us fill the night with laughter....and of course whatever donations you can offer! See you there!

      Limited Supply Bonus!: For all participants of the Re-Launch: Open Housewarming that donate $10 or more you will receive a ticket (valued at $20) for the upcoming Dancers Night at Bender Arena hosted by People Of The Beat! If you enjoy dance of any sort from classical interpretive, modern, to crump, tap and freestyle you'll love what People of the Beat are putting together! If you need an excuse to get out and move then join them for a night to remember!

      More info:

      http://www.meetup.com/GoGayDC/events/112246472