Alex Ross from Wizard Magazine

  • joyuzsong
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2005
      I have to admit that if there is anyway that I could be called a
      fangirl it would be connected with Alex Ross. The man has an amazing
      work ethic and I love his Uncle Sam graphic novel so much that it
      borders on worship. Ross has a very interesting give and take article
      in Wizard where he answers questions about a wide range of topics the
      way that Wizard quires most of its interviewees. I guess the point
      that I agrees with him most of all is that he finds what's happening
      with the DCU to be absolutely the best. I can't wait to check out the
      latest from my local store and I'm just having the best time reading
      and then re-reading. The latest WW mag is so unbelievable that I must
      have a scrape on the bottom of my jaw because it keeps hitting the
      floor. I am gonna be so broke before fall gets here from buying
      comics........

      joyuzsong
    • keif simon
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2005
        i agree.. that ross article was good.and i enjoy his
        use of the heros and villains from when he was growing
        up cause they are also my favorites since ross and i
        are close in age...and that the stroylines at dc are
        amazing.. i admit i do not follow wonderowman but bout
        the tie in for the omac mini series and was shocked at
        the ending..villains unlimiterd is also a great mini
        series and puts catman in a new light.. i remeber him
        from batman in the late 70's and early 80's and he was
        a sucky villian..he is kick ass now..the current
        storyline in lash is also good with a great
        cliffhanger at teh end of last issue..

        --- joyuzsong <joyuzsong@...> wrote:

        > I have to admit that if there is anyway that I could
        > be called a
        > fangirl it would be connected with Alex Ross. The
        > man has an amazing
        > work ethic and I love his Uncle Sam graphic novel so
        > much that it
        > borders on worship. Ross has a very interesting give
        > and take article
        > in Wizard where he answers questions about a wide
        > range of topics the
        > way that Wizard quires most of its interviewees. I
        > guess the point
        > that I agrees with him most of all is that he finds
        > what's happening
        > with the DCU to be absolutely the best. I can't wait
        > to check out the
        > latest from my local store and I'm just having the
        > best time reading
        > and then re-reading. The latest WW mag is so
        > unbelievable that I must
        > have a scrape on the bottom of my jaw because it
        > keeps hitting the
        > floor. I am gonna be so broke before fall gets here
        > from buying
        > comics........
        >

        > joyuzsong

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Jim Durdan
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2005
          I like Alex, but I lost a lot of respect for him last year when he decided
          to do his political illustration for the New Yorker.

          Jim
        • keif simon
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 5, 2005
            personally i thought it was a good picture...i don't
            want to get into a political debate but it was a
            interseting pose.and i know quite a few artists and if
            you do a job soemtimes you have to draw stuff you
            really don't agree with.. i am not saying thats the
            case here i have no idea wheter he picked out the
            content or was handed a paper saying here draw this.i
            don't liek him any more nor less for that vampiric
            drawing..though i saw it in wizard i think...and i was
            confused why they would put that in a comic related
            magazine..but hey that just me.. thats why baskin and
            robbins has 32 flavors.. cause not everybody likes the
            same thing.

            --- Jim Durdan <jdurdan@...> wrote:

            > I like Alex, but I lost a lot of respect for him
            > last year when he decided
            > to do his political illustration for the New Yorker.
            >

            > Jim

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Jim Durdan
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 5, 2005
              I read an interview with Alex where he indicated that he did the
              illustration of his own volition.

              Jim
            • keif simon
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 5, 2005