Is this place still going to exist come April?

  • xmscity1225
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2013
      Saw in a story that:
      "Yahoo is shutting down seven products, including its mobile app for Blackberry smartphones, as new Chief Executive Marissa Mayer takes a page from Google's play book by eliminating unsuccessful products en-masse.

      The product shutdowns, which Yahoo announced on its official company blog on Friday, are part of what the company said are regular efforts to evaluate and review its product line-up. . . other Yahoo products set to be terminated include Yahoo App Search, Yahoo Sports IQ, Yahoo Clues, the Yahoo Message Boards website and the Yahoo Updates API."

      This is technically a "message board", isn't it?
    • rjsboy
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013

        This is technically a "message board", isn't it?
        i think the message board is something different...otherwise these wouls be listed under "message boards" instead of "GROUPS" on the page search

        Timmy!

        "Yahoo is shutting down seven products, including its mobile app for Blackberry smartphones, as new Chief Executive Marissa Mayer takes a page from Google's play book by eliminating unsuccessful products en-masse.

        The product shutdowns, which Yahoo announced on its official company blog on Friday, are part of what the company said are regular efforts to evaluate and review its product line-up. . . other Yahoo products set to be terminated include Yahoo App Search, Yahoo Sports IQ, Yahoo Clues, the Yahoo Message Boards website and the Yahoo Updates API."

        This is technically a "message board", isn't it?

      • Joel
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
          As the group owner, I have not been notified of any impending shut down. I do not think there is cause for concern, but I will be sure to let everyone know if I hear anything.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2013

            As the group owner, I have not been notified of any impending shut down. I do not think there is cause for concern, but I will be sure to let everyone know if I hear anything.

            i run several rpg groups of my own and didnt get notification at all.  tho i went a step further and actually checked yahoo's page... "MESSAGE BOARDS" and "GROUPS" are two different entities... they each have different "sublistings" on the yahoo page itself, and one cannot be accessed thru the other, so i am going with the beleif that groups are safe.

            Timmy!
            (PS. if anyone is interested.. i have a few dc based rpg groups... ja, suicide squad, lsh, and an all star squadron as well as a dc universe group.. if interested, let me know and i will provide links)