Re: Batgirl

  • MarksBurrell
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 2, 2011
      To clear things up - I've just seen that episode with king tut where he discovers an old abandoned mine that leads to the batcave. The episode is well within the run of episodes with Batgirl, that third season.
      ITV4 have now shown all the sixties Batman episodes. Will they at some time start at the beginning again? If I was them I'd find the Birds of Prey series, that features Batgirl a little later in her life.

    • tsull2121@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 2, 2011
        In a message dated 7/2/11 6:55:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, marksburrell@... writes:
        To clear things up - I've just seen that episode with king tut where he discovers an old abandoned mine that leads to the batcave. The episode is well within the run of episodes with Batgirl, that third season.
        ITV4 have now shown all the sixties Batman episodes. Will they at some time start at the beginning again? If I was them I'd find the Birds of Prey series, that features Batgirl a little later in her life

        my younger brother told me the other day that there was going to be a 4th season of the 1960's batman series.

        after the original network cancelled it (abc?) they were going to demolish the batcave/set and were asking other networks if they had wanted to take the series before they began demolition.

        nobody responded so they demolished the set, and a week later, nbc called and said they wanted to do the 4th season and asked if the set had been destroyed yet.

        unfortunately, it had..and the series only had the three season run.  we COULD have had another season with barbara gordon/batgirl in it if only the original network had held off on the demolition for 7 more days

        Timmy!
      • xmscity1225

          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 18, 2011
            Seems like the founder for DC COMICS UNSENSORED is on vacation & has left no co-moderator, I've been a member for years but all my posts must still approved, this here is probably the better group of the two so let me repost my message...

            Right, Krypto has amazinly outlasted all the superpets, Bat-family etc. that have long since been discontinued/"killed off" & he seems to always remain a cool character who everybody loves.

            I myself have always had a special fondness for what are considered now to be the super campy characters from the '50s/'60s; Batwoman, Bat-Girl, Bat-Hound, Bat-Mite, Streaky, Comet & does anyone remember Martian Manhunter's side-kick Zook??

            Bring back Streaky!!!

            Mark

            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 18, 2011
              BTW, this might also be why GRN LANTERN was not a big success, let's be real, DC comic's characters are campy & old fashioned(in a good way)while Marvel's bunch are comparitively very hip & cool, just right for today's audiences. I wonder if WONDER WOMAN or FLASH will ever make it to the screens?

              Don't get me wrong, I love & prefer DC by far!

              Mark

              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 18, 2011
                In a message dated 7/18/11 2:02:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cinema_paradiso70@... writes:
                I wonder if WONDER WOMAN or FLASH will ever make it to the screens?
                with the recent fiasco/attempt at putitng diana on tv again i would highly doubt it.. and as for flash.... the series back in the 90's was good (to ME at least) but i think thats the most youll see of barry/wally/jay/bart/etc for a long long loooong time!

                Timmy!