Re: [dccomicscharacters] Wonder Woman and mythology

  • Darci
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29 10:06 AM
      Sure do.  There's also been a post-CoIE Nu'Bia, debuting in Wonder Woman Volume 2 Annual #8 (1999).  See http://www.dcuguide.com/chronology.php?name=nubia
      Thanks,
      Darci

      From: xmscity1225 <xmscity1225@...>
      To: dccomicscharacters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, March 29, 2010 10:39:32 AM
      Subject: [dccomicscharacters] Wonder Woman and mythology

      For some reason, I've gotten in to re-reading my old Wonder Woman issues with George Perez's relaunch of her book right after Crisis. Some good stuff there, and some nice cleaning up of the mythology mess she had suffered through before.

      You might also notice some more expansion of the Photos section reflecting these . . . entries for Ares, Hercules, Lilith (from Teen Titans), Hippolyta, and others. (By the way, does anyone remember Nubia from back in the early 1970s?)

      ure do

    • Darci
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010
        I wonder why the colorist for Supergirl #9 (the GCD doesn't identify them (see http://www.comics.org/issue/26956/ )) chose to make the Shark-Men green?  BTW, this Dec 1973-Jan 1974 issue depicts what happened when Kara decided to join the Amazons.  The script was by Cary Bates and the art by Art Saaf.
        That Green Fury drawing is something else.  I wonder if that got passed around at DC for comments?
        Thanks,
        Darci