found my other fan-fic stories

  • tsull2121@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2008
      took me a while to do it.. since my friend who had the link was rather RUDE to me when i asked... but i managed to save my stories of THE RAY, POWER BOY (from the teen titans), and PSI.. and i ALSO found my original copies of thorn #8 AND #9.. lol!

      ( tho in the thorn #8 that i posted here is a combination of the 8 and 9 i had posted on the nessage board i sent them to originally)

      so if you all are interested, let me know and i will put up my ray, power boy and psi stories as well.  oh, and to give you all a little "heads up",, ,all THREE stories feature guest stars and supporting cast as well  ;)

      let me know!

      Timmy!
    • Darci
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2008
        Timmy,
        Sure, I'm not familiar with ANY of those characters.
        Darci

        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2008
          lol. Speaking about retconning... All the "jla secret
          origins", "incarnations" and "JLA year one" are non canon cause
          meltzer has written that Bat, Sup and Wondy were in the JLA since his
          debuts. So, again, the first origin will prevell on other
          informations... For me, it's a good news cause I really love these
          old issues.

          Sullivan

          --- In dccomicscharacters@yahoogroups.com, tsull2121@... wrote:

          > In a message dated 9/30/08 4:54:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          > darci386@... writes:
          >

          > > Matthew,
          > > If it was done the way Roy Thomas substituted Helena for Diana,
          in order to
          > > keep his Young All-Stars and Infinity, Inc characters going, it
          would be OK
          > > with me. He put a lot of thought into the implications of having
          a WW-like
          > > character who wasn't WW in DC's history. If retcons didn't have
          such a bad
          > > reputation, you or I would admire how slickly he did it.
          > > The reason retcons have the aforesaid bad reputation is because
          of editors
          > > and writers who don't put that kind of thought into what they're
          doing. Case
          > > in point: Wonder Girl.
          > > Thanks,
          > > Darci
          > >

          > RETCON = LAZY WRITER'S BEST FRIEND
          >

          > Timmy!<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Looking for simple solutions to
          your real-life financial
          > challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and
          information, tips and
          > calculators.<BR> (http://www.walletpop.com/?
          NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)</HTML>

        • Sullivan Lord
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 2, 2008
            Thanks for these informations, Taylor :)

            --- In dccomicscharacters@yahoogroups.com, Taylor401306@... wrote:

            > In a message dated 09/30/2008 10:43:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            > dccomicscharacters@yahoogroups.com writes:
            > > . Re: Need informations on pre-crisis dcu :
            > > Posted by: "Sullivan Lord" sullivan.lord@... sullivanlord
            > > Date: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:02 am ((PDT))
            > >
            > > Thanks a lot and happy to be here. It's so difficult to find this
            > > kind of informations, now. But what about Wonder Woman ? And all
            > > these golden age heroes were living on earth 2 before crisis ?
            What
            > > about the generation storyline from Byrne ? Is it an elseworld or
            > > part of this continuity ?
            > >
            > Presumably Elseworld.As for the Earth 2 Wonder Woman, She married
            Steve
            > Trevor & was the mother of Fury of Infinity, Inc. After Crisis, it
            got way too
            > convoluted with a Golden Age Fury , then Queen Hyppolyta becoming
            the Golden Age
            > Wonder Woman.

          • Sullivan Lord
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 2, 2008
              You're right, Darci. A good retcon is better than a worse story (I
              think of all the incredible stuff geoff johns is doing on some
              characters).

              I don't know how georges perez can have made such a mistake. Poor
              Donna... The story of phoenix from marvel comics seems simple near
              her background.

              Sullivan

              --- In dccomicscharacters@yahoogroups.com, Darci <darci386@...> wrote:

              > Matthew,
              > If it was done the way Roy Thomas substituted Helena for Diana, in
              order to keep his Young All-Stars and Infinity, Inc characters going,
              it would be OK with me. He put a lot of thought into the
              implications of having a WW-like character who wasn't WW in DC's
              history. If retcons didn't have such a bad reputation, you or I
              would admire how slickly he did it.
              > The reason retcons have the aforesaid bad reputation is because of
              editors and writers who don't put that kind of thought into what
              they're doing. Case in point: Wonder Girl.
              > Thanks,
              > Darci

              a part of a storyline, but it seems today that both companies just
              want to insert whole huge plotlines from 20 years ago

              Earth was divided up amongst several characters:
              > 1. Wonder Woman (post-CoIE), who now came to man's world only in
              the modern age.
              > 2. Queen Hippolyta (post-CoIE), her mother, who had some
              adventures in man's world prior to Diana's.
              > 3. Fury/Helena Kosmatos, added and retcon'd to be the mother of
              Fury/Lyta Trevor.
              > 4. Miss America, ret-con'd to take Wonder Woman's position as
              secretary in the JSA. I think Liberty Belle fulfilled this position
              sometimes too?
              > Hope this helps,
              > Darci

              completly wiped out or blended in the new world

              wrote:

              > > In a message dated 09/29/2008 8:11:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              > > dccomicscharacters@ yahoogroups. com writes:
              > > > Need informations on pre-crisis dcu :)
              > > > Posted by: "Sullivan Lord" sullivan.lord@ ... sullivanlord
              > > > Date: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:28 am ((PDT))
              > > >
              > > > Hello !
              > > >
              > > > I'm new to the list and of course a big dc fan. I'm searching
              > some
              > > > informations on pre-crisis dcu. Have you got some
              > > > links or websites to help me ? I'm searching a list of
              > > > characters who are present on the different earths. Thank for
              your
              > > > help :)
              > > >
              > > > Sullivan
              > > Subj: Re: [JUSTICE_LEAGUE_ SUPERFRIENDS} Bruce Smoked/3 Batmen/4
              > Supermen
              > > From: "spockxavier" <spockxavier@ ...>
              > > Subject: Re: Bruce smoked ?
              > >
              > > I've just want to finally get in on this topic.
              > >
              > > To Grant. First of all I didn't know that the Earth 1 Batman
              smoked
              > > in The New Teen Titans (first series) # 1. I've got to check that
              > > out in my The New Teen Titans paperback one of these days!
              > >
              > > I don't claim to know everything about Batman (Earths 1 or 2).
              > >
              > > I do know that the Earth 2 Bruce was shown smoking with a pipe in
              > > Who's Who" (first series) # 2.
              > >
              > > I know that this Bruce doesn't exist, anymore, in Crisis # 11 (I
              > > think.).
              > >
              > > I was wondering some of you, guys, have mentioned previously that
              > > the Silver Age and Modern Age aren't the same. Aren't the Earth 1
              > > and the one we see after the Crisis are one and the same? The
              > reason
              > > why I'm asking you this because most of the scenes, structures,
              > > sites, places and buildings (whatever you call it) are mostly
              made
              > > up of Earth 1 (such as The Daily Planet). With the exception of
              > > Hawkman and Hawkwoman (from "Hawkworld") , the second Black
              Canary,
              > > Green Lantern and the early members of the JLA (including
              Superman
              > > and Batman) still exist in their Post-Crisis origin. What do we
              > call
              > > these guys, above? The Modern Age too??? Why do these guys still
              > > exist??? Shouldn't we still call these guys The Silver Age (from
              > > Earth 1) since their Earth 2 counterparts don't exist anymore?
              > >
              > > If we can call the BC II and GL II the Silver Age ones, then why
              > > can't we can still call Superman and Batman, the Silver Age, too
              (
              > > could've sworn I've known how the aftermath of this event
              works!)???
              > > ( No,The Post-Crisis Superman &Batman are different from their
              > Silver Age
              > > counterparts. See Below. Superman became Byrne's Man of Steel,
              who
              > was never
              > > Superboy,whose parents were still alive &whose foe, Lex Luthor,
              was
              > a billionaire,
              > > not a criminal scientist. Batman became the Dark Knight. The
              Jason
              > Todd who
              > > was Robin for the previous Batman were killed by Killer Croc. The
              > father of the
              > > Jason Todd who was Robin for the current Batman was killed by Two-
              > Face.- Jim
              > >
              > T.)
              >

              > > DC has published the adventures of 3 alternate Bruce Waynes,
              > Batman. Since
              > > Batman has been in continuous publication since 1939, it's
              somewhat
              > difficult to
              > > pinpoint when coverage of 1 Batman ended &another began but I
              will
              > do the best
              > can.
              >

              > 1) The
              > > "Golden Age" Batman ( Detective # 39- 326), the original Batman,
              > the Earth-2
              > > Batman who married Catwoman, Selina Kyle &was the father of
              Helena
              > Wayne( the
              > > Huntress) &a member of the JSA. His best adventures were Pre-
              > Comics code &
              > > written by Bob Kane, Bill Finger &Jerry Robinson &drawn by Dick
              > Sprang ( who
              > > ghosted for Bob Kane). It was this Batman who was accused by
              > Wertham of being gay.
              > > It was this that caused his adventures to become "campy" in order
              > for him to
              > > survive- he got Bat-Woman for a partner (The Earth 2 Batwoman
              also
              > appeared in
              > > Brave &Bold #182 (Jan.1982)&# 197 (April 1983). &he fought off
              alien
              > invasions &
              > > other sci-fi situations. Many of the Adam West / Batman episodes
              > were fairly
              > > faithful adaptions of his stories from this period.. He died in
              > Adventure #
              > > 462 (
              > Mar.1979).
              >

              > > 2) The "Silver Age" Batman-
              > the Pre-
              > > Crisis Earth 1 Batman,- since this Batman was never a member of
              the
              > JSA but
              > > only of the JLA, it can be argued his first appearance was in
              Brave
> [...]
              > > Superman since he twice displayed powers never shown by the Earth
              1
              > Silver Age
              > > Superman- he could split himself into 2 beings ("Divide
              &Conquer").
              > Come to
              > > think of it, there was Superman- Red &Superman-Blue. Hmm . TV
              > Superman could
              > > also walk through walls like Phantom Girl-("The Mysterious
              > Cube").Less well
              > > known or specified is the LAST adventure of the Golden Age Man of
              > Steel. Perhaps
              > > it's the storyTHE MAN WHO MARRIED LOIS LANE in SUPERMAN 136 April
              > 1960.
              > > Althoughperennial foe MR MXYZPTLK had already been redesigned
              with
              > hisorange and
              > > purple jump suit, Lois has a flashback in this tale and remembers
              > the imp in his
              > > older street clothes appearance. BIZARROis also shown, but with a
              > B on his
              > > chest, as he appeared in the newspaper strip origin that predated
              > his comic book
              > > debut. He died in "Infinite
              > Crisis"
              > >

              > > 2) The Silver- Age Superman, the Earth 1 Superman,- he was
              > only ever
              > > a member of the JLA. This Superman was Superboy in his youth &a
              > member of the
              > > 30th century's Legion of Super-Heroes. His arch-foe was criminal
              > scientist,
              > > Lex Luthor. "Age" puristsman. often point to THE SUPER KEY TO
              FORT
              > > SUPERMAN(Action #241 June 1958) as the first chronicled exploit
              of
              > theSilver Age Superman
              > > He underwent a big transition in Superman # 234 when Morgan
              > Edge bought
              > > the Daily Planet &made him a TV news-anchor. His last appearance
              > was in Alan
              > > Moore's "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow?"( Superman
              > &Action #
              > >
              > 583)
              >

              > > 3) Byrne's Man of Steel- was
              > never
              > > Superboy, his parents are still alive , his arch-foe was
              > millionaire Lex Luthor &he
              > > married Lois Lane. This is the Superman of "Lois &Clark"., He
              died
              > once &was
              > > resurrected. He once executed 3 Phantom Zone criminals &that
              still
              > weighs
              > > heavily on his
              > conscience.
              > > 4) The current Superman- started his career
              > in "Superman:
              > > Birthright", married to Lois Lane, apparently started his career
              > after 9/11.
              > > Adventures possibly overlap with those of Byrne's Man Of Steel. (
              > You can eliminate
              > > this 4th Superman if you think "Birthright" was an" Elseworlds"

            • Christian
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 2, 2008

                Hi,

                I was just thinking what things would have been like if we had the same kind of informational access or continuity obsession in the ‘60s as we have now for our comics, with particular respect to Wonder Girl.

                Now if I recall, Wonder Girl was actually just Diana but younger. So keeping with that continuity, Wonder Girl would I guess be travelling into the ‘60s to join the titans (as a teen Wonder Woman was sort of around in the 40s). Sort of like Superboy, but on a short hop.

                I’m fairly sure I’ve read that when Wonder Girl joined the Titans it was actually because they simply needed the numbers, and a girl in there wouldn’t hurt either. The editors used her without realising that it was just a teenage Wonder Woman and that she shouldn’t have been used (if one were a stickler for continuity anyway). Can you imagine the uproar that would have caused if the editors today, just said “Ah stuff it, we don’t care where the character came from, we’re just going to use her.”

                The Wonder Girl issues from the 80s were a bit skewed when Wonder Woman was killed in Crisis, but the energy blast that killed her also sent her back in time. Not only that …you can pause for a breath now…. Not only that but it transported her essence back to Paradise Island where it melded with the earth from which formed a new baby Diana…deep breath… but remember this was back in time, so she could then grow up to be old enough for her Perez debut.

                Haven’t passed out from breath shortage? Good stuff. So all that back in time bit was rendered superfluous as  The Crisis worked it’s way in ripples (curiously similar to the release dates of the new titles) that made everyone forget there was ever a Wonder Woman.

                Such forgetfulness even extended into the middle of Infinite Crisis when DC recalled that the Earth 2 Wondy (the original) had actually survived Crisis. Even though the universe was a new one and the timeline forever altered, they had to squeeze her in for a few pathetic cameo panels as the whole thing was a bout Superman (who shouldn’t have existed either)>gasp<

                >wheez< even I’m short of breath after that one!

                So anyway, you’re left with a new spangly Wonder Woman who no one knows but yet there’s already a wonder girl with suspiciously Amazon tendencies. Oops, revamp time which to be fair was done superbly using the Titans of Myth. Bits were a bit forced in there as you can imagine, but they pulled it off and any moaners were to busy “oooing” and “aaahing” at the Perez art anyway for the most part.

                Now I stopped reading the titans round about the Titans Hunt thing  and Wondy after the Perez run (well his art really stopped on that title), so you can imagine my surprise at reading the Dark Angel, Byrne thingy. Now, despite the Titans of Myth thing actually hanging together quite well, he preferred to mess that up, use an old mirror image origin of Wonder Woman as a girl (although I’m not sure Wondy would have been alive back then, so time travel would also have been involved)..<gasp< >whheeeeze< and ………

                >choke<

                Hi,

                I’m Christian’s cat. My human has lost consciousness for the moment. This is probably just as well as his face was a little strange looking there. He hadn’t even got to the Byrne using the multiverse thing for infinite Donna Troy’s despite this being post crisis and pre 52 (but possibly invoking Hypertime).

                If anyone can explain that one to him, it would be purrfect. Right, I’m off to claw up his Legion collection while he’s not looking as it’s completely out of continuity now.

                wrote:

> [...]
                >

                > > 3) Byrne's Man of Steel- was
                > never
                > > Superboy, his parents are still alive , his arch-foe was
                > millionaire Lex Luthor &he
                > > married Lois Lane. This is the Superman of "Lois
                &Clark"., He
                died
                > once &was
                > > resurrected. He once executed 3 Phantom Zone criminals &that
                still
                > weighs
                > > heavily on his
                > conscience.
                > > 4) The current Superman- started his career
                > in "Superman:
                > > Birthright", married to Lois Lane, apparently started his career
                > after 9/11.
                > > Adventures possibly overlap with those of Byrne's Man Of Steel. (
                > You can eliminate
                > > this 4th Superman if you think "Birthright" was an"

              • Darci
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 2, 2008
                  Dear Cat,
                  Sorry, I can't help the human you live with, Christian.  I'm just glad he didn't ask about differentiating the Earth 1 and Earth 2 WW.  Enjoy the new supply of kitty litter.
                  Darci

                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 3, 2008

                    ….no, Sekowsky Diana, of course it doesn’t matter to me that you’ve lost your powers….

                    >snort<

                    >wake<

                    Huh?  Jeez, was I asleep?  Man, my head hurts like I just tried to work out a Byrne revamp….

                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 3, 2008
                      Dear Mordru,
                      Don't bother waking up the human who lives with you.  Hopefully he's gone back to dreaming on 1970s-era Diana.  At least Christian managed to convey your name before he passed out again.  If you've finished all the Legions, you might take a look at his Teen Titan collection...
                      Darci

                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 3, 2008

                        >stretch<

                        Actually my name is Burroughs. I just pinned the destruction of Legion comics on a Legion villain. Titans you say… well, they’ve pretty much destroyed themselves with a membership drive making the Legion look undermanned. Still.. he did like those Wolfman/ Perez issues and I do need my kitty box relined… I’ll just blame this one on Trigon. I’ll just leave antlers lying about, that ought to do it…