JLA vs. the Avengers

  • Richard J.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      Thinking I had messed up ordering these four issues, I got issue one
      today, I guess because I had to back order it, but the other 3 I
      guess Santa Claus will bring them to me. HO ho ho!

      Anyhoo, my thoughts on the book?

      resembled Crisis too much. The freakin Crime Syndicate appears again
      only to be killed again?

      Plastic Man stood out. The Flash bit where he couldn't run on the
      other world was interesting and I think promising of something to
      come?
      Could have done without that tired, overplayed mob-chasing-the-poor-
      little-mutant scene. That was bad enough in the Marvels series. Po
      lil ol' Mutant. Awww.

      Interesting also that now the Marvel heroes and DC heroes are on two
      different worlds. When Superman met Spiderman, the conclusion was
      they were on the same Earth, but remember in the first What If?
      issue, the Watcher said the encounter may have been an alternate
      reality encounter.

      Also, in the Titans-Xmen crossover, Cyborg did refer to the Xmen as
      tho they were on the same Earth. And Starfire knew who Phoenix and
      the IMperial guard were.

      Ah, continuity in comic books.

      And Atom has become the standout? I'm not familiar with Busiek's
      work, but I would be willing to guess, he is a regular Marvel writer
      on say, the Avengers?
      the big clue was the comments by Plastic Man to batman.

      And clearly Supes and Cap are being controlled by an entity of some
      sort.

      Starro the conquerer. Should Thor have been able to overcome Starro
      on his own, this Thunder God? And I recall in one JLA book that the
      starfish couldn't be removed without killing the host body. That
      didn't happen to quicksilver.
      Anyone got a theory?

      And, no, I didn't like the treatment like this was their first
      encounter either.