The Road Is Long

  • Richard J.
    Message 1 of 42 , Jun 1, 2006
      Not all, but I have heard enough of 'this one is going to be
      different from the previous campy version' (for some reason, every
      previous attempt at dealing with an issue in comic book characters is
      regarded as campy) numerous times.

      --- In dccomicscharacters@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Butler"
      <ken.butler@...> wrote:

      > The way you talk, you would think every woman, racial minority, or
      gay
      > character in comics ever has been written offensively at all times.
      >
      > On 5/31/06, Richard J. <lightoller_ch@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Been down that road too, too, too many times. I already know how
      she
      > > will be handled.
      > >

      > > --- In dccomicscharacters@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Butler"
      > > <ken.butler@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > You could actually wait until she makes a single appearance to
      judge
      > > on how

      t=ms&k=Justice+league+unlimited&w1=Justice+league+unlimited&w2=Justice
      +league+unlimited+characters&w3=Justice+league&w4=Justice+league+party
      &w5=Justice+league+toy&w6=Justice+league+action+figure&c=6&s=175&.sig=
      OHLEBMt0FbhB8H-UMwQOjg> Justice
      > > league unlimited characters<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Justice+league+unlimited+characters&w1=Justice+league+unlimited
      &w2=Justice+league+unlimited+characters&w3=Justice+league&w4=Justice+l
      eague+party&w5=Justice+league+toy&w6=Justice+league+action+figure&c=6&
      s=175&.sig=4FYy3hycwpfK0hgptPDAuQ> Justice
      > > league<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Justice+league&w1=Justice+league+unlimited&w2=Justice+league+un
      limited+characters&w3=Justice+league&w4=Justice+league+party&w5=Justic
      e+league+toy&w6=Justice+league+action+figure&c=6&s=175&.sig=bR_xnOB4_W
      sf0OQUWpIoxQ> Justice
      > > league party<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Justice+league+party&w1=Justice+league+unlimited&w2=Justice+lea
      gue+unlimited+characters&w3=Justice+league&w4=Justice+league+party&w5=
      Justice+league+toy&w6=Justice+league+action+figure&c=6&s=175&.sig=yaMn
      FegDodgWia6dSqb7fA> Justice
      > > league toy<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Justice+league+toy&w1=Justice+league+unlimited&w2=Justice+leagu
      e+unlimited+characters&w3=Justice+league&w4=Justice+league+party&w5=Ju
      stice+league+toy&w6=Justice+league+action+figure&c=6&s=175&.sig=5j9pC0
      xc0cKSM4d-xpoZ_A> Justice
      > > league action figure<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Justice+league+action+figure&w1=Justice+league+unlimited&w2=Jus
      tice+league+unlimited+characters&w3=Justice+league&w4=Justice+league+p
      arty&w5=Justice+league+toy&w6=Justice+league+action+figure&c=6&s=175&.
      sig=puDXFh9-8Ulj9y7jWJEZYQ>
      ters>"

      unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<dccomicscharacters-

      > > ------------------------------
      > >

      > --
      > Aim ID- kamikaze616
      > www.myspace.com/kenbutler3

    • Richard J.
      Message 42 of 42 , Jun 1, 2006
        Well, they're not DC characters, but usage of the Falcon and Black
        Panther did break some early stereotypical molds.

        Falcon was simply the sidekick, the pepper to Captain America's salt,
        tho thankfully he wasn't called the Flag or USA Man or something
        equally similar to Cap.

        While in the Avengers, Black Panther was serving as the token,
        alongside fellow Avenger Captain America.

        One issue of Captain America and the Falcon would have a special
        guest star from the Avengers; The Black Panther.

        So the cover would sport Captain America, the Falcon and the Black
        Panther, never mind that two of the characters were black.

        Can anyone honestly think of another cover that sported a majority
        black characters, but wasn't racially focused?

        --- In dccomicscharacters@yahoogroups.com, "rob newton"
        <robnewton2@...> wrote:

        > at least he didn't have it the word black in his name. I love the
        falcon I loved it when he got his wings. anyone recall that bad ass
        glove he shot a rope out of and knocked the dog out of baddies with
        it. he used to and I think still does has a mental thing with red
        wing.
        dccomicscharacters@yahoogroups.com<mailto:dccomicscharacters@yahoogrou
        ps.com>
        > Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:49 AM
        > Subject: Re: [dccomicscharacters] I'm Different, But The Same As
        You

        > Not ALL, The Falcon springs to mind
        >
        > Emily
        >
        > rob newton <robnewton2@...<mailto:robnewton2@...>> wrote:
        > it was always kind of crazy how all the black characters back
        in the 70's had to have black in their name. black Vulcan and black
        lightning and black goliath. never heard black hawkman or you get the
        point.
        You

        unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<mailto:dccomicscharacters-

        of Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.