Re: A proposal regarding the future of this group

  • Amol
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 12, 2007
      What is the topic for the first meeting? I am in Silver spring and
      would be happy to volunteer for any effort in DC ...

      Amol

      --- In dcaltnet@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Podwysocki"
      <matthew.podwysocki@...> wrote:

      > Mike,
      >
      > Thanks for joining. Unfortunately, I won't be there for the first
      one as an
      > unforeseen wife's office holiday party got in the way, so I'd like to
      > present Spec# in the January timeframe
      >
      > Here is the info:
      > Date: 12/13/2007
      > Time: 7:30 PM
      > Place: Scott Singleton's House, 421 N. Fayette Street, Alexandria,
      VA 22314

      > On Dec 12, 2007 1:23 AM, Mike Wolf <michael.wolf@...> wrote:
      >
      > > wheres the first meeting?
      > >
      > > mw
      > > --- In dcaltnet@yahoogroups.com <dcaltnet%40yahoogroups.com>, "Matthew
      > > Podwysocki"
      > >
      > > <matthew.podwysocki@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Scott,
      > > >
      > > > Great to have you aboard Chris!
      > > >
      > > > Sounds like a great idea. Luckily I caught this message as it was
      > > flagged
      > > > as spam. I see that Justin Burtch also just joined who also works
      > > with me
      > > > in Columbia and maybe he could help out as well. Let's see what
      > > works and
      > > > what doesn't on the 13th.
      > > >
      > > > Matt

      > > and he's

      > > 13thmeeting and see what we want to plan as the next event. Find a
      > > date and a

    • Matthew Podwysocki
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 12, 2007
        Amol,

        Welcome to the group!

        That's the beauty of this group.  Pick a topic to discuss and be prepared to talk about it.  This is an open spaces technology environment.  I believe Scott Singleton wants to talk about Mocking strategies with NMock, RhinoMocks or event TypeMock.NET.  Let's see how the first session goes and then we may tweak how it works.  I was going to present Spec# as well, but alas my wife's holiday party got in the way.  Anyhow, I have plenty of topics to bring myself including:
        BDD explained and NBehave
        DDD and .NET
        Martin Fowler's Enterprise Design Patterns discussion
        ASP.NET MVC explained
        MonoRail
        IoC with Windsor/Spring.NET/StructureMap
        ORM tools (NHibernate, ActiveRecord, EntityFramework)

        So, I'm not short of any topics for this group.

        Thoughts?

        Matt

        <matthew.podwysocki@...> wrote:

        > Mike,
        >
        > Thanks for joining. Unfortunately, I won't be there for the first
        one as an
        > unforeseen wife's office holiday party got in the way, so I'd like to
        > present Spec# in the January timeframe
        >
        > Here is the info:
        > Date: 12/13/2007
        > Time: 7:30 PM
        > Place: Scott Singleton's House, 421 N. Fayette Street, Alexandria,
        VA 22314

        > On Dec 12, 2007 1:23 AM, Mike Wolf <michael.wolf@...> wrote:
        >
        > > wheres the first meeting?
        > >
        > > mw
        > > --- In dcaltnet@yahoogroups.com <dcaltnet%40yahoogroups.com>, "Matthew

        > > Podwysocki"
        > >
        > > <matthew.podwysocki@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Scott,
        > > >
        > > > Great to have you aboard Chris!
        > > >
        > > > Sounds like a great idea. Luckily I caught this message as it was
        > > flagged
        > > > as spam. I see that Justin Burtch also just joined who also works
        > > with me
        > > > in Columbia and maybe he could help out as well. Let's see what
        > > works and
        > > > what doesn't on the 13th.
        > > >
        > > > Matt

        > > and he's

        > > 13thmeeting and see what we want to plan as the next event. Find a
        > > date and a

      • Amol
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 12, 2007

          I havent participated in Open Spaces talks before so this sounds interesting. You have most of the topics down and that looks like a very good list to begin with.
          Please include me tentatively for tomorrow's meeting. I am just not sure if I can leave early enough to make to Alexandria in time.

          Amol