[dc_parade] A new group for the parade

  • Margaret Downey, Freethought Society
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2010
      I so enjoyed participating in the DragonCon parade earlier this year. I raved about it at Skeptrack and many people expressed interest in participating in 2011. I am working on finding a celebrity to ride in a car with us. Our group would be the Skeptics (or Skeptrack) and our members would dress in costumes related to the investigation of the paranormal.

      How do I go about securing a spot in the parade for us? Are there any other things we need to know about as we plan our entry?

      Margaret Downey
      Phone: (610) 793-2737
      Fax: (610) 793-2569
      Cell: (610) 357-9432
      Email: Margaret@...
      Online: www.Ftsociety.org
      www.secular-celebrations.com

    • J
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2010
        Hi Margaret,

        Glad to hear you had a good time last year! :) As far as getting your group into the parade, same things you did to sign yourself up apply.

        When the 2011 parade sign-ups begin (look for the 2011 database in the group to open in February), register your group with an estimated number of people and the planned car (can be changed as your plans get more firm and closer to con). I'd ask that you keep me informed (dc_parade at dragoncon dot org) about the celeb, etc. as the year progresses.

        That's it. :)

        Any other questions, feel free to contact me directly.

        JP

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 14, 2010
          Thanks so much. I am working hard on making our parade entry interesting, fun and educational.

          Margaret Downey
          Founder and President
          The Freethought Society
          Secular Officiant