Prog-Rock Diner 5/23/11: Interview w/Merrell Fankhauser Return To MU

  • progluvr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22 11:29 AM
      This Monday 5/23, The Prog-Rock Diner is featuring a special menu with an
      interview featuring Merrell Fankhauser. His CD Return To Mu has just been
      re-released with a DVD and we'll hear some music from that. Merrell wrote
      the original version of the instrumental 'Wipe Out' and he clears up the
      controversy and has a lot of interesting things to say. He has also worked with
      many others, some are on Return To Mu like John Cipollina, Ed Cassidy, Jay
      Ferguson and others. We'll hear a bit of Quicksilver Messenger Service and
      Spirit as appetizers, the band, MU (with Jeff Cotton from Captain
      Beefheart's band) and some of Merrell's solo material. The interview will come on
      shortly after 6pm EST.

      Please join me from 5-7pm EST _www.fcac.org/webr_
      (http://www.fcac.org/webr) or on COX cable or Verizon FIOS in Northern Virginia. Hope to 'see' you
      there!