Help me find DBA variant for pre-dreadnought naval games

  • althegamer
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 23, 2017

      I decided last weekend to dust off my pre-dred naval models.  Could not find my DBA type rules for this.  Does anyone remember this naval variant.  The only one I can find is for ancient naval or a campaign supplement to DBA land campaigns.

      Thanks,

      Al

    • Kenneth Chan
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 24, 2017

        Are you referring to Damn Battleships Again?

        Best Regards,

        Kenneth

        I decided last weekend to dust off my pre-dred naval models.  Could not find my DBA type rules for this.  Does anyone remember this naval variant.  The only one I can find is for ancient naval or a campaign supplement to DBA land campaigns.

        Thanks,

        Al

      • duxsimon
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 24, 2017
          Is this what you were after?

          Regards

          Simon

        • duxsimon
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 24, 2017
            I think that was the link I replied with earlier?

            Simon
          • Sue Laflin-Barker
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 24, 2017
              Look on Phil’s website (Link from www.wrg.me.uk)  where you find downloadable copies of some of his unpublished rules.

              Suye

              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 24, 2017
                Look at Phil’s website, with a link from www.wrg.me.uk where you will find downloadable copies of some of his unpublished rules.

                Sue

                Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 8:32 AM

                Is this what you were after?

                Regards

                Simon

              • Stephen Flatt
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 24, 2017
                  Hi An

                  I have what you looking for by its in HTML format. If you want n can send it to your email address as this groups settings does not allow HTML format

                  Stephen

                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 24, 2017
                    .. or just download it from Phil's site as i and then Sues have suggested!

                    Simon
                  • althegamer
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 24, 2017
                      Thanks for the help fellows but Barkers Damned Battleships Again is not what I am looking for.  The rules I seek were very much DBA like in their style.  They may have been presented as being for the Russo Japanese War but I am not sure.

                      @Stephen Flatt.  My email is althegamer@....  Not sure whether what you have is what I am seeking but I would like to take a look.

                      Thanks to all

                      Al
                    • davidmanley1966
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 24, 2017
                        Drop me a line at home, I have ever a few things that will fit the bill

                        DM

                        Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 24, 2017
                            Try the Pete Jones Free Wargames Rules site. De Bellus Navalis or Navalibus. One is for Ancients the other is predreds.
                          • duxsimon
                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 11, 2017
                              Al,

                              Did you find the rules you were after?  I think I have found them in an old Wargames Illustrated.

                              Regards

                              Simon
                            • Keith Finn
                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 13, 2017
                                Is that the Dam Battleships Again rules?

                                rules of my life...

                                "Every day is stupid driver day!"
                                "Ignorance is NOT an Opinion!"
                                "If you can be misunderstood, you HAVE been misunderstood..."
                                "don't do anything today you would be ashamed to tell your mother tonight."
                              • duxsimon
                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 17, 2017
                                  They are called De Bellis Navalis and are by Colin Standish.  They were published in Wargames Illustrated #148 in January 2000.  Tim Gow did a later period version for 1914 - 25 called Iron Ships and Wooden heads in WI #175 in April 2002.

                                  Simon
                                • simon washbourne
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 17, 2017