rise up RISING TIDE DC!! mon 17th 7pm

  • nadine bloch
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2012

      Rising Tide North America is gearing up to fight climate change and the corporations that profit from and produce it.  We need your help to build a DC chapter that will both support struggles such as the Tar Sands Blockade in Texas and also take on local fights around climate justice.

      We will meet Monday, Dec 17, at 7:00 pm at the offices of SEIU, which is on the south side of DuPont Circle at 1800 Massachusetts Ave NW.

      Folks should weigh in on agenda items, but the basic idea is to discuss how we harness the increasing energy and concern around climate justice.  Again, this will probably involve supporting other fights (like the KXL blockade) and/or taking on local issues (like where Pepco gets its coal).

      Please let us know if you are coming, so we can get the right size room – you can contact Bill Ragen atbill.ragen@...  or 202 230 1130.

      If you have any questions, feel free to call or email.

       bill.ragen@...

      See you next week!