Re: [DAV Online] Re: Disability

  • PJ Perry
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2002
      About the fire at St. Louis.............what was burned were the Army records from A through E; I have that on good authority! I also know that a lot of times the workers there use that as an excuse not to have to look for the records!
      Consider this.......in the military, most things have to be made out in triplicate (excluding combat records/logs). It doesn't make sense that they'd put all of these copies in one area, does it? There are archives all over the country, and these elusive records are somewhere. We just have to look to find them.
      PJ
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2002
        --Thanks Joshua for the information. Did you get your 100% the first
        try? Glad it worked out well for you I certainly have not had much
        success over the years but still have a positive attitude. In reading
        some of the appeals looks like I might have a uphill fight on the
        heart disease but still have some fight left. Again thanks for your
        input.

        - In davonline@y..., "PJ Perry" <perry.pj3@a...> wrote:
        > About the fire at St. Louis.............what was burned were the
        Army records from A through E; I have that on good authority! I
        also know that a lot of times the workers there use that as an excuse
        not to have to look for the records!
        > Consider this.......in the military, most things have to be made
        out in triplicate (excluding combat records/logs). It doesn't make
        sense that they'd put all of these copies in one area, does it?
        There are archives all over the country, and these elusive records
        are somewhere. We just have to look to find them.
        > PJ

        Service.

        > ---

      • ewraven
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2002
          Yeah, I got 100 percent on the first try. The Air Force even gave
          me 7500 in severence pay after less than three years active duty. I
          was diagnosed with Schizophrenia while in the Air Force. From what
          I've heard; that diagnosis pretty much gaurantees you 100 percent
          service connected. I think it is fair, especially since they pay
          for the hundreds of dollars a month in meds I take. I've tried
          working and it is really hard; it doesn't take much stress at all to
          cause the symptoms to come back. I've had several close encounters
          with the emergency room due to trying to work.

          Oh yeah, I use the central Texas VA too. I live in San Marcos and
          use the outpatient clinic in Austin. I've never been to the VA
          hospital in Temple. This local VA seems to have plenty of funding
          for the Veterans needs. I was in Orlando once and had to go to the
          VA clinic there for some more antipsychotic(Geodon); I had one days
          supply left. They denied it to me. They said they'd already
          exceeded there budget for the year and couldn't prescribe me any
          meds. That medicine wears off after only a few hours of missing a
          dose. I ended up calling my VA psychiatrist in Austin and he phoned
          me in a prescription to a local Walgreens. I was glad I had the
          extra 50 bucks for the ten day supply he phoned in for me.

          Good luck Dennis,

          Joshua

          --- In davonline@y..., "Dennis" <texasdennis2002@y...> wrote:
          > --Thanks Joshua for the information. Did you get your 100% the
          first
          > try? Glad it worked out well for you I certainly have not had much
          > success over the years but still have a positive attitude. In
          reading
          > some of the appeals looks like I might have a uphill fight on the
          > heart disease but still have some fight left. Again thanks for
          your

          input.