UFO at O'Hare Airport and McGregor, Ontario Canada, Jan. 1, 2007

  • richard1piet
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      In the sky! A bird? A plane? A ... UFO?
      Video: UFO over O'Hare Airport?

      Published January 1, 2007 Jon Hilkevitch CHICAGO TRIBUNE

      It sounds like a tired joke--but a group of airline employees insist
      they are in earnest, and they are upset that neither their bosses nor
      the government will take them seriously.

      A flying saucerlike object hovered low over O'Hare International
      Airport for several minutes before bolting through thick clouds with
      such intense energy that it left an eerie hole in overcast skies, said
      some United Airlines employees who observed the phenomenon.

      Was it an alien spaceship? A weather balloon lost in the airspace over
      the world's second-busiest airport? A top-secret military craft? Or
      simply a reflection from lights that played a trick on the eyes?

      Officials at United professed no knowledge of the Nov. 7 event--which
      was reported to the airline by as many as a dozen of its own
      workers--when the Tribune started asking questions recently. But the
      Federal Aviation Administration said its air traffic control tower at
      O'Hare did receive a call from a United supervisor asking if
      controllers had spotted a mysterious elliptical-shaped craft sitting
      motionless over Concourse C of the United terminal.

      No controllers saw the object, and a preliminary check of radar found
      nothing out of the ordinary, FAA spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory said.

      The FAA is not conducting a further investigation, Cory said. The
      theory is the sighting was caused by a "weather phenomenon," she said.

      The UFO report has sparked some chuckles among controllers in O'Hare
      tower.

      "To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around
      and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable,"
      said O'Hare controller and union official Craig Burzych.

      Some of the witnesses, interviewed by the Tribune, said they are upset
      that neither the government nor the airline is probing the incident.

      Whatever the object was, it could have interfered with O'Hare's radar
      and other equipment, and even created a collision risk, they said.

      The Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (the term that
      extraterrestrial-watchers nowadays prefer over Unidentified Flying
      Object) was first seen by a United ramp worker who was directing back
      a United plane at Gate C17, according to an account the worker
      provided to the National UFO Reporting Center.

      The sighting occurred during daylight, about 4:30 p.m., just before
      sunset.

      All the witnesses said the object was dark gray and well defined in
      the overcast skies. They said the craft, estimated by different
      accounts to be 6 feet to 24 feet in diameter, did not display any lights.

      Some said it looked like a rotating Frisbee, while others said it did
      not appear to be spinning. All agreed the object made no noise and it
      was at a fixed position in the sky, just below the 1,900-foot cloud
      deck, until shooting off into the clouds.

      Witnesses shaken by sighting

      "I tend to be scientific by nature, and I don't understand why aliens
      would hover over a busy airport," said a United mechanic who was in
      the cockpit of a Boeing 777 that he was taxiing to a maintenance
      hangar when he observed the metallic-looking object above Gate C17.

      "But I know that what I saw and what a lot of other people saw stood
      out very clearly, and it definitely was not an [Earth] aircraft," the
      mechanic said.

      One United employee appeared emotionally shaken by the sighting and
      "experienced some religious issues" over it, one co-worker said.

      A United manager said he ran outside his office in Concourse B after
      hearing the report about the sighting on an internal airline radio
      frequency.

      "I stood outside in the gate area not knowing what to think, just
      trying to figure out what it was," he said. "I knew no one would make
      a false call like that. But if somebody was bouncing a weather balloon
      or something else over O'Hare, we had to stop it because it was in
      very close proximity to our flight operations."

      Some joke, others research

      The databases of various UFO-watching groups are full of accounts
      filed by pilots about sightings of unknown aircraft and anomalies that
      affected navigational equipment onboard planes.

      Whether any of the UFO incidents are real or merely the result of
      individual perceptions, some experts say the events pose a potential
      safety risk to pilots and their passengers.

      "There have been documented cases where safety appears to have been
      implicated, and more and more we are coming to the point of view that
      we are dealing with an intelligent phenomenon," said Richard Haines,
      science director at the National Aviation Reporting Center on
      Anomalous Phenomena, a private agency.

      "We must be proactive before an aircraft goes down," said Haines, a
      former chief of the Space Human Factors Office at NASA's Ames Research
      Center.

      Haines is investigating the O'Hare incident. He said he has determined
      that no weather balloons were launched in the vicinity of O'Hare on
      Nov. 7.

      "It's absurd that the military would be conducting aerial test
      flights" near the airport, Haines said.

      All the witnesses to the O'Hare event, who included at least several
      pilots, said they are certain based on the disc's appearance and
      flight characteristics that it was not an airplane, helicopter,
      weather balloon or any other craft known to man.

      United denies UFO report

      They're not sure what was hanging out for several minutes in the
      restricted airspace, but they are upset that no one in power has taken
      the matter seriously.

      A United spokeswoman said there is no record of the UFO report. She
      said United officials do not recall discussion of any such incident.

      "There's nothing in the duty manager log, which is used to report
      unusual incidents," said United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy. "I checked
      around. There's no record of anything."

      The pilots of the United plane being directed back from Gate C17 also
      were notified by United personnel of the sighting, and one of the
      pilots reportedly opened a windscreen in the cockpit to get a better
      view of the object estimated to be hovering 1,500 feet above the ground.

      The object was seen to suddenly accelerate straight up through the
      solid overcast skies, which the FAA reported had 1,900-foot cloud
      ceilings at the time.

      "It was like somebody punched a hole in the sky," said one United
      employee.

      Witnesses said they had a hard time visually tracking the object as it
      streaked through the dense clouds.

      It left behind an open hole of clear air in the cloud layer, the
      witnesses said, adding that the hole disappeared within a few minutes.

      The United employees interviewed by the Tribune spoke on condition of
      anonymity.

      Some said they were interviewed by United officials and instructed to
      write reports and draw pictures of what they observed, and that they
      were advised by United officials to refrain from speaking about what
      they saw.

      Federal agency backtracks

      Like United, the FAA originally told the Tribune that it had no
      information on the alleged UFO sighting. But the federal agency
      quickly reversed its position after the newspaper filed a Freedom of
      Information Act request.

      An internal FAA review of air-traffic communications tapes, a step
      toward complying with the Tribune request, turned up the call by the
      United supervisor to an FAA manager in the airport tower, Cory said.

      Cory said the weather might have factored into what the witnesses
      thought they saw.

      "Our theory on this is that it was a weather phenomenon," she said.
      "That night was a perfect atmospheric condition in terms of low
      [cloud] ceiling and a lot of airport lights. When the lights shine up
      into the clouds, sometimes you can see funny things. That's our take
      on it."

      From the Chicago Tribune

      ----------

      Contact Getting Around at jhilkevitch@... or c/o the Chicago
      Tribune, 435 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611. Read recent columns
      at chicagotribune.com/gettingaround
      ------------------
      Locally..... UFO Encounter and Circles in McGregor, Ontario, Canada
      over 30 years
      June 25, 2006
      UFO'S, their crop circles and encounters with UFO's have occurred in
      the field behind and around 7566 Howard Avenue in McGregor, Ontario
      just 9 kilometres south of Windsor, Ontario.
      If you walk about 2,000 feet behind our house, you will encounter the
      remnants of crop circles from the past thirty years and upon stepping
      into the circles, you will experience a tingling feeling up and down
      your spine. I have experienced their night landings, strange lights
      and numertous encounters as well as time lapses.
      In one of my meetings with the beings, I was told that there are
      trillions of suns or stars and millions of inhabited planets in our
      universe and on most of them, the inhabitants live 300,000 to 400,000
      of our earthly years before their spirits come back to lead another
      life. This really sucks as far as any comparison to our 72 year
      average life span.
      My two neighbors who have lived next to us during our five years
      there, have encountered their own extra-terrestrial experiences over
      the past thirty years and we have all experienced lapses in time -
      some up to five days.
      I have included media reports and links on these previous crop circles
      at the end of this article. I have told all my friends about these
      encounters and I feel it is time to let the public know that we are
      not alone in this universe. My wife and I met with two groups of
      scientists and medical doctors who tendered offers on our home to
      convert it to Medical Reseach and scientific research clinics and
      centers and for some reason the financial proceedings have turned to
      mud and we all feel that these aliens do not want any attention turned
      to their favorite landing site as it is almost completely surrounded
      by trees, wood lots and a stone quarry with no activity at night.
      They communicate with me telepathically but I focus on the one that is
      sending me his message. My friends including Nick Dimoff and John
      Maisey think that I have been dreaming of these encounters BUT they
      refuse to walk to the back of our property to see the landing sites
      and experience the spine tingling. My scientific friends and
      researchers, Andre and Jessey Laba, Dr. Brown and Dr. England have all
      been back to the locations and have experienced the site.
      I have shown all my friends, doctors and scientists the identical
      markings at three locations on my body as well as the unidentified
      steel-like rod that looks like a tiny antenna that grows to about one
      inch out of my temple a number of times a year and then disappears.
      They all agree that these markings are unique.
      Since the financial arrangements fell through for the doctors, we have
      commenced the conversion of the estate to a medical research facility
      and have applied for funding while ordering the fire regulation
      required conversions, including fire doors, lighting, etc. as well as
      preparing the site for additional parking, glass patio enclosures,
      etc. We should be fully started by September of 2006 and completed by
      May of 2007.

      The well documented crop circles in Essex county, close to our home
      documents the quiet areas that these aliens have ordained as their
      landing sites as they harvest the necessities of their people from our
      planet that they cannot acquire on their own planets.

      My life and beliefs have completely changed since these encounters
      over the past 5 years, including the facts that the aliens have
      relayed to me - that my son Bryan who was killed in a car accident
      in1997 in Lasalle is very happy in his newest life and I will have him
      in my life many more times - that I must divest myself of material
      things as they are meaningless in this life in our universe - we all
      must learn to help and share with our fellow earthlings and universal
      dwellers. My elaborate home and estate are no longer a priority to
      Bonnie or myself and I see the conversion of our estate to medical
      clinic and research facility as a way of giving back and contributing
      to our fellow man.

      You can reach me at ic@... that is ic at mnsi dot net

      Richard Anthony Piet

      The third reported formation for this year, a circle in
      soybeans, found June 24. Approximately 6.6 metres
      (22 feet) diameter. Two small truncated triangular
      "lobes" are attached to the circle, one on either side
      (180 degrees apart). The leaves were initially missing
      on all plants within the circle, as if they had been
      "burned away", and the remaining leafless stalks
      were dark brown in colour, still standing and not
      flattened (the field crop itself was about 3 inches tall).
      Over the next week or so, the remaining stalks
      "disintegrated", leaving only bare dirt within the circle.
      There were only about half a dozen plants within the
      circle which remained unscathed. The farmer also
      mentioned that a similar formation was found in another
      of their fields two years ago, in wheat, but not reported
      at the time, and that "flashing coloured lights" were
      seen descending into that field the night before.
      Another neighbouring farmer had reported a single
      "classic" type circle in wheat last year as well, but also
      not reported at the time. Investigation in progress by
      CCCRN Ontario, MUFON Ontario and researcher
      Nicholas Reiter from the USA. Initial ground photos
      and preliminary field report are on the CCCRN web site.
      The farmer has requested that the specific location not
      be publicized.

      http://www.cropcirclenews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=251
      http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/inter2004/canada/canada2004.html

      Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:35 am Post subject: Unusual First Formations of
      2004

      Just joining this new forum with a brief update on the first few
      formations so far here in Canada this year.

      Three formations reported as of today, July 19, and two others as-yet
      unconfirmed.

      The first, at Erbs Cove, New Brunswick (June 24) was just a small
      simple ring in pasture grass, nothing too unusual (see thumbnail photo
      at beginning of this topic). But...

      The 22-foot circle in Essex County, Ontario (also June 24) is in
      soybeans, with two small truncated triangular "lobes", on either side.
      What's weird is that when first found, all of the leaves on the plants
      within the circle were gone, as if "burned away", with only the now
      leafless and browned stalks (3-4 inches tall) remaining, still
      standing and not flattened. Over about the next week or so, these
      stalks then "disintegrated", leaving only the circle of bare dirt.
      Only about half a dozen plants within the circle remained untouched at
      all. Investigation is still underway by CCCRN Ontario, MUFON Ontario
      and researcher Nicholas Reiter from the USA. Initial ground photos and
      field report are on the CCCRN web site. The farmer reported a similar
      occurrence from two years ago (not reported at the time) in his wheat
      field. They also witnessed "flashing coloured lights" descending into
      that field the night before it was found. Also a single "classic"
      circle in wheat last year on a neighbouring farm (also not reported at
      the time). Now that the farmers in the area know who to contact, this
      is a spot worth keeping our eyes on.

      http://cropcircleconnector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64

      -----------------------------

      UFO at O'Hare Airport and McGregor, Ontario Canada, Jan. 1, 2007

      -----------------------------

      Update Dec. 31, 2006

      As we prepare for 2007, we have moved to the shores of Lake Erie as I
      have acquired this need to be next to open water - this may have been
      induced by my encounters. We are close to funding the medical
      research facility on our estate and are looking for two more investing
      partners
    • John Cookman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2007
        The recent report on the History Channel (Monday, Jan. 8, 2007) clearly discloses the stunted methods of the Government (CIA) to blunt general popular inquiry into the obvious, i.e., UFO's. I no longer care if any government "believes" or does not "believe" in the existence of UFO's - i.e., sentient extra terrestrial life, since their existence is now beyond question. What we would like to know is, who are they; where do they live; how'd they get here: why; where they going: can they - will they provide guidance to us, etc., etc. That they are probably not malevolent is obvious since we are still here!

        Jack C.

        richard1piet <richard1piet@...> wrote:
[...]

        From the Chicago Tribune

        ----------

[...]

      • sheila emanuel
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2007
          Hello John, I just wanted to add my thoughts here. I am sure the
          governments of the world know we have visitors. They also know that
          literally hundreds of trained viewers over the years, as well as credible
          civilian witnesses aren't crazy. We will never receive an official okay
          dokay for many reasons but the primary one being that the people of this
          planet truly could not handle it. When you look at the facts, it isn't an
          announcement that would thrill many nations. We have visitors who have been
          here for perhaps thousands of years with superior technology, an advanced
          culture in many respects and probably a completely different belief system
          and from many accounts look very different from us. To say that it would
          challenge our ability to accept a threat to our basic survival instinct, our
          religious views and our well known racial tolerance would be an
          understatement. True, if they had wanted to obliterate us or conquer us they
          could have done that centuries ago before our technology advanced to
          nuclear, but that is hardly an argument to win over the masses. After all,
          humans are a flight or fight mentality. If we can't run away from them what
          do you think we would do? The proponents who go to Washington and scream
          for disclosure and fight for our right to know the truth may not see the
          whole picture I fear. And many among us, myself included , can see how
          transparent the lies and cover ups are and yell " that's not fair" like
          children who feel their parents are taking away something from them without
          a reason. But we learned as we matured that life isn't fair, most of us the
          hard way. I for one do not wish to see that lesson learned on a global
          scale. Let the governments have their little secrets and lies. Most of the
          population doesn't really want to "officially" know and the rest of us
          already do . It is all everyone can do just to keep the daily concerns,
          problems, injustices and inequities under control. I don't think the human
          race wants another big item added to an already very full plate. The O'Hare
          incident is just one of many that we get all excited about and hope to hear
          some sort of official recognition about but it will never happen. Not
          unless that is, our visitors want it to happen. Landing on the White House
          lawn and hovering over a busy airport gate in broad daylight are pretty
          close to spelling out that conclusion we seem to keep waiting for. We simply
          are not alone. Do any of us with a brain really need to hear it from an
          authority figure? Thanks all. S Emanuel

> [...]
          >must learn to help and share with our fellow earthlings and universal
          >dwellers. My elaborate home and estate are no longer a priority to
          >Bonnie or myself and I see the conversion of our estate to medical
          >clinic and research facility as a way of giving back and contributing
          >to our fellow man.
          >
          >You can reach me at ic@... that is ic at mnsi dot net
          >
          >Richard Anthony Piet

          >-----------------------------
          >
          >UFO at O'Hare Airport and McGregor, Ontario Canada, Jan. 1, 2007
          >
          >-----------------------------
          >
          >Update Dec. 31, 2006
          >
          >As we prepare for 2007, we have moved to the shores of Lake Erie as I
          >have acquired this need to be next to open water - this may have been
          >induced by my encounters. We are close to funding the medical
          >research facility on our estate and are looking for two more investing

          Valentine�s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping
        • John Cookman
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2007
            My point is; it is no longer relevant to the question of ufo reality that "governments" do not
            publicaly become engaged with the public with regard to ufo's. I have had sufficient personal experience to know that all is not confined to what any particular person (including government persons) wants to dictate as that "which is knowable." I suspect that most people who are past 25 years of age are similarly minded.

            Farnkly, I simply do not care any longer that government does not engage the public on these matters, nor do I need government to (everyone should like this), inform me of what is going on! I trust my own eyes and mind a bit more than that.

            Jack C.

            === message truncated ===