New Member Intro

  • paleoglyph
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2006
      Greetings,

      I came looking for a UFO group expressly for the purpose of sharing a
      photo my son and his wife came home with from a recent trip through the
      Great Smokey Mountains National Park. But before I get into all of that,
      it seemed like a good idea to introduce myself and ask your moderator
      the best way to present the image.

      About myself, I am a writer for a small town newspaper in Alabama. I am
      also an avid blogger but the subject matter here is not something I am
      comfortable throwing out to my regular readers. My personal views have
      always been to keep an open mind to paranormal phenomenon. I just don't
      think we are anywhere near knowing as much as we think we do about the
      world... the universe around us. But one can't just jump on the topic
      without expecting a certain amount skepticism from others. And in my
      line of work, I don't have the liberty of alienating those who basically
      pay my bills. So, here I am.

      The picture in question was taken with a Kodak digital camera on
      Thursday, July 27, 2006 around 1:30/2:00 pm, about an hour south of
      Gatlinburg, Tennessee in the Smokey Mountains. My son and his wife were
      taking some vacation time and spent several days in the area. The image
      is one of over 180 they had on the camera when they came home. It shows
      something that appears to be disk shaped near the floor of a mountain
      valley. Whatever it is also casts a shadow. My son tells me that they
      stopped to take a picture of the valley and this was there and moving
      slowly away, following the terrain.

      My daughter-in-law says that she thinks it is a hang glider and that's
      how they explained it to me when I first saw it. I think that it looks a
      bit too big to be a glider.

      There are two images; one is the original pan and the second, a close up
      of the object. Both are 600x450 pixels, JPG format and about 80 KB each.
      I will be glad to either upload to your Photos section or attach to an
      email, which ever is preferable to the mods.

      That about covers it. Thanks for letting me join.