ufo's of course

  • xznofile
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hi: I saw one (a light about 50' away) several years ago. It turned out there was a bunch of ufo sightings here at that time. Some pretty classic, (one incl. govt troops.) but that part's hearsay. Mine was when my kid was about 2. We were all upstairs asleep when I woke & noticed a light was shinning from the gravel road below our window, throwing really sharp shadows of the folage onto the shed outside. I once worked in a metal shop and the light was as intense as an electric arc. It's difficult to guage how bright it was because I'd just woke up & it was the only light, but I'd say it was pretty bright because of the contrast w/ the shadows. I had the sudden notion to run down & see what it was, but befor I could act, I had a second notion that I might not make it back to see my kid grow up, so I didn't go. If it had been a car on the road, the gravel would have made noise, it was completely silent. It went out suddenly. Cheryl woke up & asked what was up. I started to discribe it, but she spooks easily and I was somewhat unsettled, so I put it off till a few days later.

      My theory is that it's somehow connected with social stress. That is: the observers are falling over backwards to grasp a social situation that has no handles. Everything else aside, (parallel universes etc.) Everything known about ufo's is through the experience of given individuals, what do these individuals have in common? At the time I wouldn't have said it was stress, & I've been through worse, but it was unique in as much as the only security at the time turned out to be unrealistic.

      I'd be glad to hear your opinnion.
      Bill.
    • John Foster
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
        Bill,

        That is a honest and excellent assesment. For some reason the
        ufological matrix exists on a very unique level. For instance, some
        people can hear them, but they don't know what they hear. While
        others get a funny feeling, and go out and there it is. Some
        reasons still unknown, only certain people are meant to see them,
        while others will never see a ufo.

        Your story reminded me of when I was a kid,

        I was laying on my bottom bunk and got woke up for some reason. I
        looked over at the window and seen shadows. I was pretty upset
        because my friends, Freddy, Myrtle and Tony, Jeff were obviously
        outside playing and I was in bed. To me that was so unfair. As I
        looked at the bright light and the shadows, it dawned on this
        innocent five year old that the shadows weren't my friends. The
        shadows were distorted. They seem to have big heads and very thin
        arms. Their movements are what scared me most, they seemed, now
        that I think back like insective. Anyways, I realized I was on the
        second floor and how could they be outside my window?

        This is embarrsing but I ended up screaming like a girl. The light
        went off and my mother came in. I told her there were people
        outside my window. She agreed that the house was haunted and we
        wouldn't be living there anymore.

        Now I regret scaring them away, if I did. I guess they never meant
        me any harm and I don't remember seeing them physically. What ever
        the agenda may be, it is definately meant to be above my
        understanding. But, I will never forget it. These type of memories
        are so vivid as they stay fresh, as yesterday.

        John F.
      • Bill Cornelius
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
          John:
          this is from my journal, what do you think:

          gosts/ufos/synchronicity are a real thing and depend on the
          viewer. To occur, the following chain of events needs to take
          place:

          1) People or whatever need to share a common association to
          something in the environment, say an object or the
          juxtaposition of objects. These things are used by the brain
          as a memnemonic device, like an extension of the persons
          memory, a filing system.

          2) This association is a "cultural standard" of some sort. A
          dynamic representation is the single mindedness of a group of
          fighters or players making the score. A child and parent or
          sibling sharing the same idea. A pack of dogs, A flock of
          birds.

          3) The memory of those involved is triggered by something like
          the same configuration of brain synapses. Like a group of
          people seeing the same thing. For this to take place, the
          neuron transition from sense to interpretation requires a
          memory input which is taken from the environment. The
          interpretation is made on a learned standard, but the neuron
          calling for a standard (some kind of similar previous
          experience) excites more than just the brain, so that others
          sharing the association, form the same conclusion or mental
          imagery. This is the point of this note. It goes beyond-mind
          (para-noid)*: "Brain Waves" happen. When the previous
          experience is not exact, one is synthesized from approximate
          experiences using a creative association. The new association
          is learning taking place, and may involve someone elses
          experience.

          "Brain waves" between people are, as far as I know, only a
          theoretical explanation for synchronistic phenomena. However I
          point to the following evidence: Alpha wave (bio feedback)
          sensors detect a particular pattern between two people who are
          mutually attracted to each other: a double beep, like a heart
          beat but missing the third beat (beep-beep, beep-beep, etc.).
          Why, except to be in contact with the other person?

          Situational awareness (the opposite of visualization) still
          depends on some kind of feedback. When the environment changes
          in an unfamiliar manner, like in dreams, one tends to act in a
          dream manner: fainting, laughing, or standing agog. etc.

          *A note on paranoia:
          The process of paranoia is common, as described above. But
          popular definition of paranoia implies that something is
          wrong, and could just as well be defined as fear. The
          wrongness is actually a lack of confidence in the cultural
          standard. Psychologists and Therapists tend to exploit and
          reinforce the phenomena to make a buck. Any ones compassion
          can wear thin, but it seems shameless for them to continue,
          though they are probably unaware and are only supporting their
          own reality.

          what do you think?
          Bill

          John Foster wrote:

          > Bill,
          >
          > That is a honest and excellent assesment. For some reason the
          > ufological matrix exists on a very unique level. For instance, some
          > people can hear them, but they don't know what they hear. While
          > others get a funny feeling, and go out and there it is. Some
          > reasons still unknown, only certain people are meant to see them,
          > while others will never see a ufo.
          >
          > Your story reminded me of when I was a kid,
          >
          > I was laying on my bottom bunk and got woke up for some reason. I
          > looked over at the window and seen shadows. I was pretty upset
          > because my friends, Freddy, Myrtle and Tony, Jeff were obviously
          > outside playing and I was in bed. To me that was so unfair. As I
          > looked at the bright light and the shadows, it dawned on this
          > innocent five year old that the shadows weren't my friends. The
          > shadows were distorted. They seem to have big heads and very thin
          > arms. Their movements are what scared me most, they seemed, now
          > that I think back like insective. Anyways, I realized I was on the
          > second floor and how could they be outside my window?
          >
          > This is embarrsing but I ended up screaming like a girl. The light
          > went off and my mother came in. I told her there were people
          > outside my window. She agreed that the house was haunted and we
          > wouldn't be living there anymore.
          >
          > Now I regret scaring them away, if I did. I guess they never meant
          > me any harm and I don't remember seeing them physically. What ever
          > the agenda may be, it is definately meant to be above my
          > understanding. But, I will never forget it. These type of memories
          > are so vivid as they stay fresh, as yesterday.
          >
          > John F.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          [click here]

          > Service.

        • John Foster
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
            Bill,

            Actually, I found it fascinating. But of course there are so
            many variables, especially the indivual's point of understanding. I
            as a child lived in several haunted houses, and for me after a while
            paid no attention to the sounds, thumps, flashes of light,
            shadows,etc. Often our mother would remind us, "If something calls
            your name, don't answer it or the person that you hear, will die."
            I found it crazy even at a young age.

            Stangely, I did hear my sister call my name and she was in
            Eaton Ohio with my grandparents. I can tell you completely and
            totally truthfully, it was her voice. The question remains, did I
            hear her voice or was it suggested? When I heard it, it was a clear
            day, sun shining and I heard the echo of her voice. The almost same
            senario happened to my other siblings, at different times. Them
            hearing my voice call them, or vice a versa.

            The reason I bring this up, there are many things we align with
            ghosts, aliens and demonic spirits as a forefront as what we believe
            in the traditional sense. But, what if there is no pre-
            determination of information in any manner?

            For instance:

            This is my true story about Clay Man.

            When I was about 4 years old, we lived in West Alec. We lived in a
            mobile home and my father was a milk man.

            In this mobile home/trailer there was a simple swivel rocker
            fabulous forties type style. You could sit in the chair and watch
            the T.V. or turn to your left and look out the window. Anyways, I
            was waiting for my Dad and I could tell my Mom was pretty teed off.
            (for what ever reason at the time) I stood up on the chair to look
            outside for my Dad. The chair was facing the opposite side of the
            room and I looked out the window leaning against the back of the
            chair.

            I could barely see out while stretching as far as my legs could go.
            Then, a clay colored person/thing stood up suddenly at the window,
            looked at me and then veered down at me as if to say, what are you
            look'n at!

            All I remember next, is dropping my head straight down and turning
            around in the chair and falling into a sitting position, as if I was
            suddenly paralyzed, with fear I guess. I have no memory after that
            except my mother and father arguing over money. Dad drank and spent
            more than he should, and Mom didn't let him forget it. I did loose
            some time. After a while, I remember being able to move around
            better but I kept hearing a high-pitched ringing in my ears. It
            seemed like I could almost remember something, but never could.

            No one ever came forward and told my parents, "Hey I scared the crap
            out of your kid." That never happened. Nor was there such a thing
            as a grey. But to this day when I see a poster/picture of a so
            called grey, my heart thumps with a familure tempo of that day and
            moment.

            Did I see an alien? I didn't know what an alien was or monsters,
            ghosts or even seen a horror show on t.v. at the time. But I can
            draw a picture of Clay Man today with vivid detail.

            This is in general what you are relating to. Will other people read
            this story that burns into my memory and recall something they have
            forgotten? Or will it stir their imagination to a point where they
            may recall this same story as their own years from now?

            I can tell you it happened and have never forgotten it from that
            very moment. Who or what ever it was, was alive and was looking
            right at me. It was not a man in a mask, it blinked a sideways
            blink, anyway, they did not make masks that good then, or now.

            I don't believe I knew what fear was at the time. And I am
            referring to true fear as from something not seen, but heard.
            Something that cannot be explained at all, but it is indeed there.
            The writing from your journal is fascinating to say the least. It
            has definately made me want to pick up my Psychology books again.

            Truth is thousands of people suffer from memories of abductions, I
            myself don't think I've been abducted. I do feel I've experienced
            something. Maybe others here have experienced something similar and
            don't remember? Who knows?

            I can tell you this, everyone has some type of mental distress.
            Were all lacking the perfect brain, that's for sure. As you
            mentioned how brain waves, particulary the alpha wave that may tie
            to a common pattern between two people, would this be a primative
            type of physic connection that we lack understanding or
            recognition? Is it the same physic response when hundreds of bees
            or ants suddenly attack? Could this information be passed on from
            person to person unknowingly?

            You bring up a good point, unfortunately, I don't have the answers.
            It is at the very least, worth thinking about.

            John F.
          • Carthellea
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2004
              All of the experiences I had as a child I associated with spirits or
              ghosts. It wasn't until the last few years I began to wonder if
              some of it might have been from aliens.

              I can remember very vividly at the age of 6 or 7 waking up in the
              middle of the night and seeing the perfect shape of a male form
              created out of light on the wall of my bedroom right above my bed. I
              turned my head and saw it - watched it for a minute, then shut my
              eyes and it disappeared.( I took it to be male though there was no
              way of actually knowing)

              We lived in a haunted house so I was used to seeing and hearing
              things. It wasn't until just two years ago that I found out I have
              been "abducted" on different occasions.

              Debbie

            • John Cookman
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 6, 2004
                If "stress" is a candidate, why not, say, sneezing, or cold sores, or blinking?

                Jack C.

                xznofile <billcor@...> wrote:Hi: I saw one (a light about 50' away) several years ago. It turned out there was a bunch of ufo sightings here at that time. Some pretty classic, (one incl. govt troops.) but that part's hearsay. Mine was when my kid was about 2. We were all upstairs asleep when I woke & noticed a light was shinning from the gravel road below our window, throwing really sharp shadows of the folage onto the shed outside. I once worked in a metal shop and the light was as intense as an electric arc. It's difficult to guage how bright it was because I'd just woke up & it was the only light, but I'd say it was pretty bright because of the contrast w/ the shadows. I had the sudden notion to run down & see what it was, but befor I could act, I had a second notion that I might not make it back to see my kid grow up, so I didn't go. If it had been a car on the road, the gravel would have made noise, it was completely silent. It went out suddenly. Cheryl woke up & asked what
                was up. I started to discribe it, but she spooks easily and I was somewhat unsettled, so I put it off till a few days later.

                My theory is that it's somehow connected with social stress. That is: the observers are falling over backwards to grasp a social situation that has no handles. Everything else aside, (parallel universes etc.) Everything known about ufo's is through the experience of given individuals, what do these individuals have in common? At the time I wouldn't have said it was stress, & I've been through worse, but it was unique in as much as the only security at the time turned out to be unrealistic.

                I'd be glad to hear your opinnion.
                Bill.

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT