Re: Max Processes

  • sichent
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26 1:24 PM
      On 4/26/2012 8:51 PM, Scott Mayo wrote:
      > I know this is not a DG question, but I have a question about your answer.
      > Theoretically I could have 8 computers that have 4 tabs open that could
      > possibly eat up all my connections? (8 computers * 4 tabs * 8 connections
      > per tab)
      >
      > If I have 4 tabs open and just sitting there, they will only take the
      > multiple connections up while the page is loading correct? Once they are
      > loaded completely then the connections would be released in DG until the
      > page was refreshed or something?

      This totally depends on how DG works with the connections. As long as
      connection is instructed to be open by browser or remote server is must
      be kept open by DG. The problem you seem to be having is not the
      *number* of connections but the fact that each connection requires a
      separate DG instance to be running although they all might be
      theoretically processed by only one instance... e.g. Squid has only 1
      process and easily handles thousands of connections on modern server
      hardware.

      best regards
      sich