Re: [dansguardian] ./configure | v.2.9.9.5 | clamav-config not found!

  • S├ębastien WENSKE
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 7, 2008
      You are the best !!

      I have rebuilt with options --with-proxyuser=proxy --with-proxygroup=proxy
      and made a chown -R proxy.proxy /var/log/dansguardian/access.log

      It's work fine :
      root@sl05:/etc/dansguardian# /etc/init.d/dansguardian start
      Starting dansguardian: [ OK ]

      Now I will test regex in exceptionregexpurllist as mentionned in topic
      [dansguardian] Re: Always allow some extension like css or js in whitelist
      mode

      Many thanks for your help,

      S├ębastien WENSKE

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 7, 2008
        I don't know if this applies to you but I had this issue with my little qNap
        device with the mini-linux image/kernel and installed the pre-compiled dG
        and squid ipkg's.
        I think the issue was dropped/severed tcp connections but could never find
        really, really concrete proof. Just suspicions with my inexperienced
        tcpsnooping and debugging skills.
        I will eventually get a way to recompile DG myself, or try the debian OS for
        these cool (literally) little linux servers. (I'm using an old laptop w/
        ubuntu server for my filter server at the moment)

        HTHYS.

        --
        -Kevin
        /* Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you

      • timmo_2
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 8, 2008
          check ur command manual by typing "man the command example when u
          type man /etc it will gives u manual & uption of /etc u can also
          do thesame to other words command to know the uption to pass to ur
          linux remember in linux each command as it own manual so go thruogh
          all the the manual by typing man first then the command then u ll
          get the the real command or option to pass to ur os
        • Jonathan P. Butler

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 21, 2008
              I have noticed that even Firefox is missing some pictures say when you
              goto weather.com, or msn.com. I have even turned off squid cache to see
              if that made a diff. When you pres F5 for refresh the pictues show on the
              next reload, sometimes it take 2 reloads. Any ideas to help with this
              problem would be helpfull.

              Jonathan Butler
              Randolph Central School Corp
              700 N. Union Street
              Winchester, IN 47394
              Telephone: 1-765-584-8201
              Cell: 765-546-1946
              Fax: 1-765-584-8204
              Randolph Central School Corporation

              This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential
              and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the
              person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this
              e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized
              agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination,
              distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have
              received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
              replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately
            • Russell Mosemann
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 21, 2008
                Jonathan P. Butler wrote:

                > I have noticed that even Firefox is missing some pictures say when you
                > goto weather.com, or msn.com

                We do not see that behavior here. That is, everything works the way it should. It sounds like you need to do some detective work. Pull out your tools and go to work like you would with any other problem like this. Check squid's log file to see if squid got the request for the picture and if the picture was retrieved or not. Look carefully at the size of the data returned and also the HTTP status code.

                Another check would be to break out tcpdump on the squid server. Compare the data being returned from the remote site with the data being returned to the client. If what comes in is not going out, then you know that the problem is on the squid server somewhere.

                and so on and so forth...

                Russell