Problem

  • mekkattiljj
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
      I've been using DG for close to a year now without any problems but
      today I'm having a big issue I just updated my excepted url list
      restart the service with DG shutting off OK but restarting failed im
      not too sure how this happened. I did a service DG status and it said
      no process found so I need one of two things to happen either how to
      turn on the service again on uninstall it and reinstall it all over
      again preferably the first one I have it installed on redhat 9 and I
      have DG version 2.8.0.6 thanks.
    • mekkattiljj
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In dansguardian@yahoogroups.com, "mekkattiljj" <mekkattiljj@...>
        wrote:

        > I've been using DG for close to a year now without any problems but
        > today I'm having a big issue I just updated my excepted url list
        > restart the service with DG shutting off OK but restarting failed im
        > not too sure how this happened. I did a service DG status and it said
        > no process found so I need one of two things to happen either how to
        > turn on the service again on uninstall it and reinstall it all over
        > again preferably the first one I have it installed on redhat 9 and I
        > have DG version 2.8.0.6 thanks.

        two more things I kinda tried reinstalling without uninstalling
        hopefully it will just write over everthing but anyways when i reached
        to the part where i need to type in

        "make"

        everything seems to load fine except where i do get an error stating

        "g++: /usr/lib/libz.a: No such file or directory
        make: *** [all] Error 1"

        don't know why it is not reinstalling that or why it says it is
        missing how to I go ahead and find it. Then I typed in

        "make install"

        I get this error

        "cp: cannot stat './dansguardian': No such file or directory
        make:*** [install] Error 1"

        Don't know if that will help things but any help would help..
      • avvidnz
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2006
          Looks like you need to install the zlib-devel package which contains
          this libz.a

          I have similar problems when installing dans on ubuntu / debian boxes.

          Hope this helps

          Gazza

          wrote:

          > --- In dansguardian@yahoogroups.com, "mekkattiljj" <mekkattiljj@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I've been using DG for close to a year now without any problems but
          > > today I'm having a big issue I just updated my excepted url list
          > > restart the service with DG shutting off OK but restarting failed im
          > > not too sure how this happened. I did a service DG status and it said
          > > no process found so I need one of two things to happen either how to
          > > turn on the service again on uninstall it and reinstall it all over
          > > again preferably the first one I have it installed on redhat 9 and I
          > > have DG version 2.8.0.6 thanks.
          > >

          > two more things I kinda tried reinstalling without uninstalling
          > hopefully it will just write over everthing but anyways when i reached
          > to the part where i need to type in
          >
          > "make"
          >
          > everything seems to load fine except where i do get an error stating
          >
          > "g++: /usr/lib/libz.a: No such file or directory
          > make: *** [all] Error 1"
          >
          > don't know why it is not reinstalling that or why it says it is
          > missing how to I go ahead and find it. Then I typed in
          >
          > "make install"
          >
          > I get this error
          >
          > "cp: cannot stat './dansguardian': No such file or directory
          > make:*** [install] Error 1"
          >
          > Don't know if that will help things but any help would help..

        • Philip Allison
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
            On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 19:08 +0000, mekkattiljj wrote:
            > I've been using DG for close to a year now without any problems but
            > today I'm having a big issue I just updated my excepted url list
            > restart the service with DG shutting off OK but restarting failed im
            > not too sure how this happened. I did a service DG status and it said
            > no process found so I need one of two things to happen either how to
            > turn on the service again on uninstall it and reinstall it all over
            > again preferably the first one I have it installed on redhat 9 and I
            > have DG version 2.8.0.6 thanks.

            Try starting DG from the terminal, and/or look at your
            "/var/log/messages" file, to see if you are getting any error messages.

            --
            Philip Allison
            Developer

            SmoothWall Ltd. - http://www.smoothwall.net/

            This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential to
            the intended recipient(s) and may not be communicated to any other
            person or published by any means without the express permission of
            SmoothWall Ltd. Any views expressed in this message are solely those of
            the author. See http://www.smoothwall.net/emailnotice.html for the full
            text of this notice.

            This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net