Re: [dansguardian] Problem compiling DG2.9.6.2 on Core4

  • Dan Moinescu
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2006
      On Saturday 29 April 2006 17:18, List Account wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > Hopefully have a very simple question. I've tried reading the FAQ and
      > searched the list but no answers. I realize I most likely am missing
      > some RPMs but can't figure out which one. I thought g++ was part of
      > the gcc distribution. Searching through my system I cannot find g++
      > or c++. I can however find /usr/bin/cpp.

      g++ is in the gcc-c++ package.
    • Mark Makau
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2006
        --- Dan Moinescu

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2006
          --- Dan Moinescu

          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2006
            --- Dan Moinescu
            <dan.moinescu@...> wrote:

            > On Saturday 29 April 2006 17:18, List Account wrote:
            > > Hi All,
            > >
            > > Hopefully have a very simple question. I've tried
            > reading the FAQ and
            > > searched the list but no answers. I realize I
            > most likely am missing
            > > some RPMs but can't figure out which one. I
            > thought g++ was part of
            > > the gcc distribution. Searching through my system
            > I cannot find g++
            > > or c++. I can however find /usr/bin/cpp.
            > >

            > g++ is in the gcc-c++ package.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • cresentm00n
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2006
              I've made progress but still running into issues...

              Althought gcc is capable, DG2.9.6.2 will not compile unless it finds
              g++ or c++. Linking /usr/bin/g++ to /usr/bin/gcc (from gcc4.0.0.8)
              doesn't work. I had to install gcc-c++-4.0.0-8.i386.rpm for configure
              to complete successfully.

              Also, since I had a mimimalist build box, I needed to add
              glibc-kernheaders also for things to work. So, listed below is my
              current problem.

              =================
              if g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -fexceptions -g -O2 -MT
              FDFuncs.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/FDFuncs.Tpo" -c -o FDFuncs.o FDFuncs.cpp; \
              then mv -f ".deps/FDFuncs.Tpo" ".deps/FDFuncs.Po"; else rm -f
              ".deps/FDFuncs.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
              FDFuncs.cpp: In function int readEINTR(int, char*, unsigned int)’:
              FDFuncs.cpp:38: error: EINTR was not declared in this scope
              FDFuncs.cpp: In function int writeEINTR(int, char*, unsigned int)’:
              FDFuncs.cpp:55: error: EINTR™ was not declared in this scope
              make[2]: *** [FDFuncs.o] Error 1
              make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/dansguardian-2.9.6.2/src'
              make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
              make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/dansguardian-2.9.6.2'
              make: *** [all] Error 2