The Maladjusted Jester CD

  • danieleharden
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2009
      Just got this CD for Christmas. (Full title: The Maladjusted Jester: On Screen and Radio) It is a 2-disk compilation of the songs DK sang in the movies plus a few from radio shows. A good find for DK fans!

      Funny thing is, about a year ago I took the trouble of saving off all the songs from all his movies and radio shows that I had and transferring them all to mp3 format. And I believe it included every song included in this set. Nonetheless, the quality of my song captures wasn't the greatest at times, because I was using broadcast-tv-saved-to-vhs copies of some of the movies.

      Of note, this compilation does NOT include songs from two movies which already have their own CD's - Merry Andrew and The Five Pennies. Fortunately, I already own those as well. It does, however, include songs from other movies: Up In Arms, Wonder Man, The Kid From Brooklyn, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, The Inspector General, On the Riviera, Knock on Wood, as well as those more easily gotten: Hans Christian Andersen, White Christmas, and The Court Jester. It also includes 10 songs from his radio shows (which are available online) and two songs from Bing Crosby's show (which I believe is also available.)

      You can find it here at Amazon:
      http://www.amazon.com/Maladjusted-Jester-Screen-Radio/dp/B001ASJ3QS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1262275639&sr=1-1

      Dan