New Member

  • Daniel E Harden
    Message 1 of 30 , Jul 10, 2007
      Hello

      Just thought I'd drop a quick note to say hi! I have been a huge Danny
      Kaye fan all my life. I have some early memories of watching The Danny
      Kaye Show in the 60's. I have a number of old articles and
      memorabilia, and even now have a copy of the record Two By Two propped
      up on my desk.

      My favorite movie is probably The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, but I
      pretty much like them all.

      I am attempting to collect what music I can now as well, although there
      are some songs that are eluding me.

      I look forward to hearing some of your memories and thoughts on the
      life and career of the wonderful and greatly missed comedian, actor,
      and humanitarian.

      Dan
    • Susan Cole
      Message 2 of 30 , Jul 12, 2007
        Hi Daniel,

        Welcome to the group. It's been very quiet for quite some time, but it's nice to hear from other Danny Kaye fans every now and then.

        What songs are you looking for? I have quite a few of Danny Kaye's albums, and a couple of the CD's that were put out a number of years ago. I used to play the cds at work and get strange looks from fellow employees who didn't know who he was (or had never heard his music).

        I also have quite a few photos and articles about him in my scrapbook. Right now I have a couple of the photos and magazines on eBay in my store. One photo from White Christmas of Danny Kaye & Bing Crosby and another from Merry Andrew. ( eBay id is: UncleHq )

        Sue

        Daniel E Harden <danieleharden@...> wrote:
        Hello

        Just thought I'd drop a quick note to say hi! I have been a huge Danny
        Kaye fan all my life. I have some early memories of watching The Danny
        Kaye Show in the 60's. I have a number of old articles and
        memorabilia, and even now have a copy of the record Two By Two propped
        up on my desk.

        My favorite movie is probably The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, but I
        pretty much like them all.

        I am attempting to collect what music I can now as well, although there
        are some songs that are eluding me.

        I look forward to hearing some of your memories and thoughts on the
        life and career of the wonderful and greatly missed comedian, actor,
        and humanitarian.

        Dan

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Daniel E Harden
        Message 3 of 30 , Jul 14, 2007
          Thanks for the kind words. I have a large folder full of Danny Kaye
          memorabilia that my aunt actually started collecting way back
          when... It includes pictures and articles, some of which would
          probably be hard to get today.

          The music I'm missing includes:

          From: Mommy, Gimme a Drinka Water!
          Coloured Kisses
          also the reprise of the title song which is the last song on the
          album.

          Other songs:
          Myti Kaysi at the Bat (which I see you had in the files at one time.
          Sorry I missed that!)
          Little Child (Daddy Dear) [with Dena]
          All About You
          Can't Help Singing
          End of Spring
          Hula Lou
          Monahan O'Han
          Not Since Nineveh
          On the Riviera
          The Moon is Your Pillow
          Lullaby for Dena (unless this is the same song as Dinah/Deenah)

          I don't know why Coloured Kisses has been so elusive for me. It's a
          neat little song.

          Thanks
          Dan

          --- In dannykaye@yahoogroups.com, Susan Cole <CGS@...> wrote:

          > Hi Daniel,
          >
          > Welcome to the group. It's been very quiet for quite some time,
          but it's nice to hear from other Danny Kaye fans every now and then.

          > What songs are you looking for? I have quite a few of Danny
          Kaye's albums, and a couple of the CD's that were put out a number of
          years ago. I used to play the cds at work and get strange looks from
          fellow employees who didn't know who he was (or had never heard his
          music).

          > I also have quite a few photos and articles about him in my
          scrapbook. Right now I have a couple of the photos and magazines on
          eBay in my store. One photo from White Christmas of Danny Kaye &
          Bing Crosby and another from Merry Andrew. ( eBay id is: UncleHq )

          > Sue
        • Susan Cole

            Message 5 of 30 , Jul 19, 2007
              www.myspace.com/dannykaye

              --- In dannykaye@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel E Harden"
              <danieleharden@...> wrote:

              > Hello
              >
              > Just thought I'd drop a quick note to say hi! I have been a huge Danny
              > Kaye fan all my life. I have some early memories of watching The Danny
              > Kaye Show in the 60's. I have a number of old articles and
              > memorabilia, and even now have a copy of the record Two By Two propped
              > up on my desk.
              >
              > My favorite movie is probably The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, but I
              > pretty much like them all.
              >
              > I am attempting to collect what music I can now as well, although there
              > are some songs that are eluding me.
              >
              > I look forward to hearing some of your memories and thoughts on the
              > life and career of the wonderful and greatly missed comedian, actor,
              > and humanitarian.
              >
              > Dan

            • luluy522
              Message 6 of 30 , Jul 19, 2007
                Danny Kaye is my hero!!!!!

                Always and forever...kindred spirits :)

                --- In dannykaye@yahoogroups.com, Susan Cole <CGS@...> wrote:

                > Hi Daniel,
                >
                > Welcome to the group. It's been very quiet for quite some time,
                but it's nice to hear from other Danny Kaye fans every now and then.

                > What songs are you looking for? I have quite a few of Danny
                Kaye's albums, and a couple of the CD's that were put out a number of
                years ago. I used to play the cds at work and get strange looks from
                fellow employees who didn't know who he was (or had never heard his
                music).

                > I also have quite a few photos and articles about him in my
                scrapbook. Right now I have a couple of the photos and magazines on
                eBay in my store. One photo from White Christmas of Danny Kaye & Bing
                Crosby and another from Merry Andrew. ( eBay id is: UncleHq )

                > Sue
                >
                > Daniel E Harden <danieleharden@...> wrote:
                > Hello
                >
                > Just thought I'd drop a quick note to say hi! I have been a huge Danny
                > Kaye fan all my life. I have some early memories of watching The Danny
                > Kaye Show in the 60's. I have a number of old articles and
                > memorabilia, and even now have a copy of the record Two By Two propped
                > up on my desk.
                >
                > My favorite movie is probably The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, but I
                > pretty much like them all.
                >
                > I am attempting to collect what music I can now as well, although there
                > are some songs that are eluding me.
                >
                > I look forward to hearing some of your memories and thoughts on the
                > life and career of the wonderful and greatly missed comedian, actor,
                > and humanitarian.
                >
                > Dan
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • luluy522
                Message 7 of 30 , Jul 19, 2007
                  I've got the Time magazine with danny and sylvia on the cover...Danny
                  Kaye coin from new orleans, numerous dvds and vhs'..cd's, even a danny
                  kaye doll from white christmas, posters from knock on wood, countless
                  pictures i've collected through the years. even went to visit his
                  burial site in valhalla. I met his daughter Dena as well. I'm looking
                  for a cook book by him though, anyone know where to find one????

                  Peace and love,

                  Lu