Re: The Court Jester Scores Help

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2005
      ¡Hola Diego!
      The selections are revised lyrics, that is, they are not the same as the movie score. If you're
      interested, in getting the musioc from the film, find a transcri[tionist or contact the studio
      or better, the Estateof Sylvia Fine Kaye to see about performign rights for hte songs - as to
      the screenpl;ay, the studio holds the rights I believe.

      --- In dannykaye@yahoogroups.com, Bill Selby <bselby@p...> wrote:
      > I've got the Court Jester song book for piano, which contains the
      > following songs, with lyrics:
      >
      > 1. Baby, Let Me Take You Dreaming
      > 2. My Heart Knows A Lovely Song
      > 3. Out-Fox the Fox
      > 4. Life Could Not Better Be
      > 5. Where Walks My True Love
      > 6. The Maladjusted Jester
      >
      > Bill Selby
      > San Francisco
      >

      > kirk's wrote:
      >
      > > Diego,
      > >
      > > What scores do you need for the Court Jester?
      > >
      > > sincerely,
      > >
      > > Danny Kaye

    • Brian Childers
      Message 2 of 7 , May 6, 2005
        Hello,
        my name is Brian Childers and I am frantically looking for the music and lyrics to The Malajusted Jester. I am putting together a cabaret of Danny's material here in Ny and that one eludes me and I think it's very important for the show. How could I get that from you?? I would need it before the 17th of May so I am a bit frantic for it. My cell phone number is 202-271-8112 you could give me a call and we could talk about it. Thanks so much!!!
        Brian Childers

        kirk's wrote:

        > Diego,
        >
        > What scores do you need for the Court Jester?
        >
        > sincerely,
        >
        > Danny Kaye

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • kirk's
        Message 3 of 7 , May 7, 2005
          Dear Brian Childers,

          I have the arrangement you need. In fact I will be performing this song at Roy Thompson Hall in Toronto to a sold out audience of 2400 in August. Having performed all of Kaye's famous arrangements for almost 2 decades (with the permission of the late Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine), I would need to know more about your event. I have restrictions put on me by the estate as to who gets access to this material, since I am the only one in North America with the original scores. Please call me on my cell in Toronto at 416-315-0954 and we can discuss it.

          sincerely,

          Kirk McMahon
          Danny Kaye Productions