looking for danny kaye movie

  • alansharfman
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2004
      Can somebody help me!!

      Im looking for an old Danny kaye classic but can not remember the
      name. All I can remember is a scene involving a japanese general and
      danny kaye where danny kaye is mimicking a record player. Eventually
      the record player scratched or stops and danny kaye is caught out.

      Does anyone know what movie this was

      please help!

      many thanks

      Alan
    • Nancy
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 23, 2004
        --- In dannykaye@yahoogroups.com, "alansharfman" <alansharfman@y...>
        wrote:
        > Can somebody help me!!
        > Im looking for an old Danny kaye classic but can not remember the
        > name. All I can remember is a scene involving a japanese general and
        > danny kaye where danny kaye is mimicking a record player. Eventually
        > the record player scratched or stops and danny kaye is caught out.
        > Does anyone know what movie this was
        > please help!
        > many thanks
        > Alan

        That would be *Up in Arms*, his very first picture. It's got Dinah
        Shore, Dana Andrews and Louis Calhern in it, too. It's a lot of fun.
        Good like finding it!

        Nancy
      • A F
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 23, 2004
          That is Up In Arms--- he is mocking a record that he
          and 3 other recorded and is doing so to make the owner
          of the record player think he isn't using the record
          player since he had told Kaye he couldn't. The guy
          thinks Kaye has gone crazy until the record starts
          repeating one line over and over and the guy knows he
          is using the record player.

          Adrian

          --- alansharfman <alansharfman@...> wrote:

          > Can somebody help me!!
          >
          > Im looking for an old Danny kaye classic but can not
          > remember the
          > name. All I can remember is a scene involving a
          > japanese general and
          > danny kaye where danny kaye is mimicking a record
          > player. Eventually
          > the record player scratched or stops and danny kaye
          > is caught out.
          >
          > Does anyone know what movie this was
          >
          > please help!
          >
          > many thanks
          >
          > Alan

          =====
          "Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans."
          John Lennon

          http://vote.yahoo.com
        • Spencer Washburn
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 24, 2004
            Hey,

            The movie is called "Up in Arms".... but i forget the name of the song.

            Sorry,

            alansharfman wrote on 10/15/2004, 11:58 PM:

            > Can somebody help me!!
            >
            > Im looking for an old Danny kaye classic but can not remember the
            > name. All I can remember is a scene involving a japanese general and
            > danny kaye where danny kaye is mimicking a record player. Eventually
            > the record player scratched or stops and danny kaye is caught out.
            >
            > Does anyone know what movie this was
            >
            > please help!
            >
            > many thanks
            >
            > Alan
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Kelly
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 10, 2004
              --- In dannykaye@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy" <nanceoire@h...> wrote:

              > --- In dannykaye@yahoogroups.com, "alansharfman" <alansharfman@y...>
              > wrote:
              > > Can somebody help me!!
              > > Im looking for an old Danny kaye classic but can not remember the
              > > name. All I can remember is a scene involving a japanese general and
              > > danny kaye where danny kaye is mimicking a record player. Eventually
              > > the record player scratched or stops and danny kaye is caught out.
              > > Does anyone know what movie this was
              > > please help!
              > > many thanks
              > > Alan
              >
              > That would be *Up in Arms*, his very first picture. It's got Dinah
              > Shore, Dana Andrews and Louis Calhern in it, too. It's a lot of fun.
              > Good like finding it!
              >
              > Nancy

              Amazon.com has it:
              http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0783108974/102-4973527-9672936?