introduction. and a question

  • quarl123 <quarl@bigfoot.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2003
      Hello. I'm an actor in Tampa, Florida. I'm researching Danny Kaye
      and considering the idea of doing a one-man-show on his life with all
      the songs, dances and ballyhoo. I'm delighted to have found such a
      wealth of information and such a strong commitment to his memory.

      I've read the bios and watched the films... The one thing I'd love
      to get my hands on (if such a thing exists)is footage of his stage
      shows. Film of his early Palladium appearances would be especially
      helpful. Does anyone know where to acquire such a thing?

      Carl Donovan
    • Bill Selby
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2003
        Hi Carl,

        You can see quite a bit of footage from Danny's Palladium appearances at:

        http://www.britishpathe.com/

        Just enter "Danny Kaye" in the search field and you'll get 42 hits.

        You'll be able to download Low-Rez versions of any of the films for free.

        Bill Selby
        San Francisco

        "quarl123 " wrote:

        > Hello. I'm an actor in Tampa, Florida. I'm researching Danny Kaye
        > and considering the idea of doing a one-man-show on his life with all
        > the songs, dances and ballyhoo. I'm delighted to have found such a
        > wealth of information and such a strong commitment to his memory.
        >
        > I've read the bios and watched the films... The one thing I'd love
        > to get my hands on (if such a thing exists)is footage of his stage
        > shows. Film of his early Palladium appearances would be especially
        > helpful. Does anyone know where to acquire such a thing?
        >
        > Carl Donovan

      • Kell
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2003
          Heya! and Welcome

          Try contating Dena Kaye. She hold the rights to all of Danny and
          Sylvia's material including fillm footage. There does exist a video she
          compiled titled The Television years,and PBS did an American Masters, I
          believe, program on him. with footage of some his club and USO
          appearances..

          On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 12:03 PM, quarl123 <quarl@...>
          wrote:

          > Hello.  I'm an actor in Tampa, Florida.  I'm researching Danny Kaye
          > and considering the idea of doing a one-man-show on his life with all
          > the songs, dances and ballyhoo.  I'm delighted to have found such a
          > wealth of information and such a strong commitment to his memory.
          >
          > I've read the bios and watched the films...  The one thing I'd love
          > to get my hands on (if such a thing exists)is footage of his stage
          > shows.  Film of his early Palladium appearances would be especially
          > helpful.  Does anyone know where to acquire such a thing?
          >
          > Carl Donovan

          Kelly