Re: [dannykaye] Re: unknown

  • Leonard Marry
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
      There is one on the concerts Danny conducted available
      out there called "An Evening w/Danny Kaye, recorded at
      the Lincoln Center conducting the New York
      Philharmonic, that is a video.

      "Unable to raed a note of music, celebrated actor &
      humanitarian Danny Kaye became a guest conductor of
      the Orchesrta Pension Fund Benefit Concerts. For more
      than 25 years, he helped raise more than five million
      dollars for some of the worlds's leading symphony
      orchestras in North America & Europe
      Mr. Kaye said, "WE play the music straight-no slopping
      through it.-but what comes between the
      numbers.....well.....it's not serious!
      I love the symphony and have the greatest respect for
      it, but I think a little clowning removes some of the
      secrecy and solemnity......."
      This presentation was taped during a "Live FRom
      Lincoln Center" broadcast, from Avery Fisher Hall,
      Lincoln Center on Sept. 23, 1981.
      <<"Mr. Kaye, the most appreciated amatuer conductor in
      history.......He knows exactly what he wants and
      exactly how to get it.>> New York Times
      This was out as a pre-record on Bel Canto label,
      number 12704. I have a copy. If anyone's looking for
      the prerecord w/Box art, I would think it's probably
      out there somewhere too, but probably more along the
      classical, rather than popular music releases.
      --- bugsbunnyburrow <webmistress@...>