site missing

  • lee_michael8
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2002
      HI everyone
      I seem to have trouble reaching one of my favorite Danny sites-
      "Danny Kaye -A man of many faces". Every time I try going there I
      get to a messege saying "page not found".
      does anyone know whats going on?
      Thanks ,Lee.
    • lee_michael8
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5, 2002
          Well, hosting a site as I do, and having this happen a
          few times, here's some of the possiblies.
          The owner could be updated and have the site locked to
          public access while doing that.
          The owner could be on a site that charges, and if
          payment wasn't received in time, they block the site
          (a usual w/me!)
          The site supplying the space may have folded, and if
          so, all on the host would disappear, too.
          Or, the owner has just decided it was too much work to
          keep up, and closed it themselves.
          Don't know if that helps find it, but that usually is
          why you can't, at least!

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2002
            --- Leonard Marry <dontmarryme@...> wrote:
            > Well, hosting a site as I do, and having this happen
            > few times, here's some of the possiblies.
            > The owner could be updated and have the site locked
            > public access while doing that.
            > The owner could be on a site that charges, and if
            > payment wasn't received in time, they block the site
            > (a usual w/me!)
            > The site supplying the space may have folded, and if
            > so, all on the host would disappear, too.
            > Or, the owner has just decided it was too much work
            > keep up, and closed it themselves.
            > Don't know if that helps find it, but that usually
            > is
            > why you can't, at least!
            >
            > --- lee_michael8 <lee_michael8@...> wrote:
            > > HI everyone
            > > I seem to have trouble reaching one of my favorite
            > > Danny sites-
            > > "Danny Kaye -A man of many faces". Every time I
            > try
            > > going there I
            > > get to a messege saying "page not found".
            > > does anyone know whats going on?
            > > Thanks ,Lee.
            > >

            > I hope that the owner is updating the site,otherwise
            I'll be truly disapointed. Anyway-thank you.
            http://health.yahoo.com
          • bugsbunnyburrow
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 11, 2002
              Hi Lee and Leonard

              you guys are talking about my site and actually it's due to the
              stoopid hosting company - for weeks I haven't been able to ftp into
              the site to update it, but it was still online, couldn't raise a
              squeak out of the jerks who offer the hosting space, now the site has
              disappeared. I am not amused! But never fear, I had done some updating
              on the site, now I need to find it a new home and I will get it all
              back online quick smart :) It's the second time it's happened - the
              joy of free website providers, eh?

              I'll let you know when it's back online!

              Jodie

              --- In dannykaye@y..., Leonard Marry <dontmarryme@y...> wrote:
              > Well, hosting a site as I do, and having this happen a
              > few times, here's some of the possiblies.
              > The owner could be updated and have the site locked to
              > public access while doing that.
              > The owner could be on a site that charges, and if
              > payment wasn't received in time, they block the site
              > (a usual w/me!)
              > The site supplying the space may have folded, and if
              > so, all on the host would disappear, too.
              > Or, the owner has just decided it was too much work to
              > keep up, and closed it themselves.
              > Don't know if that helps find it, but that usually is
              > why you can't, at least!
              >
              > --- lee_michael8 <lee_michael8@y...> wrote:
              > > HI everyone
              > > I seem to have trouble reaching one of my favorite
              > > Danny sites-
              > > "Danny Kaye -A man of many faces". Every time I try
              > > going there I
              > > get to a messege saying "page not found".
              > > does anyone know whats going on?
              > > Thanks ,Lee.

              > Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca
            • lee michael
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 11, 2002
                --- bugsbunnyburrow <webmistress@...>
                wrote:
                > Hi Lee and Leonard
                >
                > you guys are talking about my site and actually it's
                > due to the
                > stoopid hosting company - for weeks I haven't been
                > able to ftp into
                > the site to update it, but it was still online,
                > couldn't raise a
                > squeak out of the jerks who offer the hosting space,
                > now the site has
                > disappeared. I am not amused! But never fear, I had
                > done some updating
                > on the site, now I need to find it a new home and I
                > will get it all
                > back online quick smart :) It's the second time it's
                > happened - the
                > joy of free website providers, eh?
                >
                > I'll let you know when it's back online!
                >
                > Jodie
                >
                > --- In dannykaye@y..., Leonard Marry
                > <dontmarryme@y...> wrote:
                > > Well, hosting a site as I do, and having this
                > happen a
                > > few times, here's some of the possiblies.
                > > The owner could be updated and have the site
                > locked to
                > > public access while doing that.
                > > The owner could be on a site that charges, and if
                > > payment wasn't received in time, they block the
                > site
                > > (a usual w/me!)
                > > The site supplying the space may have folded, and
                > if
                > > so, all on the host would disappear, too.
                > > Or, the owner has just decided it was too much
                > work to
                > > keep up, and closed it themselves.
                > > Don't know if that helps find it, but that usually
                > is
                > > why you can't, at least!
                > >
                > > --- lee_michael8 <lee_michael8@y...> wrote:
                > > > HI everyone
                > > > I seem to have trouble reaching one of my
                > favorite
                > > > Danny sites-
                > > > "Danny Kaye -A man of many faces". Every time I
                > try
                > > > going there I
                > > > get to a messege saying "page not found".
                > > > does anyone know whats going on?
                > > > Thanks ,Lee.
                > > >

                > > Hi Jodie
                I hope that everything will turn out all right with
                your site- I love it! I especially like the photos you
                uploaded- where do you find so many pictures?
                amazing...
                Lee

                > > Post your ad for free now!
                > http://personals.yahoo.ca

                HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
                http://www.hotjobs.com
              • bugsbunnyburrow
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 12, 2002
                  Hi Lee,

                  well I always keep a copy of my site on my own hard drive, for safetys
                  sake. This company closed another site of mine without warning or
                  explanation so I've been wary. The bummer is having to update all the
                  search engines etc with the new location once I finish uploading it to
                  the new home which I am in the middle of doing right now:

                  http://dannykaye.fcpages.com

                  So don't panic if there's stuff missing, I'm still working on it :))

                  It's taken me over a year to source all the photos, online auctions,
                  books, you name it :))but I love Danny and want to present a complete
                  history of his career so I don't mind it. One of these days I'll get
                  the site its own hosting, just that it's SOOOO big it will cost me a
                  fortune for the space.

                  Jodie