Anybody have these Danny Kaye songs?

  • mantium007
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2002
      Hi all, I was wondering if anyone out there has the Danny Kaye songs
      "Thank You" or "My Lily And My Rose" either on records or MP3 audio
      files. I had copies on 78rpm format sent to me recently that were
      broken during shipping and would like to recover these songs as they've
      never appeared on any Danny Kaye album or CD compilations. Thanks in
      advance for any help you might be able to give.

      Bill
    • kelly
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2002
        On a bright morning in June, mantium007 took the stage found their
        Key Light and belted out this tune:
        >Hi all, I was wondering if anyone out there has the Danny Kaye songs
        >"Thank You" or "My Lily And My Rose" either on records or MP3 audio
        >files. I had copies on 78rpm format sent to me recently that were
        >broken during shipping and would like to recover these songs as they've
        >never appeared on any Danny Kaye album or CD compilations. Thanks in
        >advance for any help you might be able to give.
        >
        >Bill

        Let me check.

        --
        Kelly
        AFTRA/Actor/Director
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2002
          On a bright morning in June, mantium007 took the stage found their
          Key Light and belted out this tune:
          >Hi all, I was wondering if anyone out there has the Danny Kaye songs
          >"Thank You" or "My Lily And My Rose" either on records or MP3 audio
          >files. I had copies on 78rpm format sent to me recently that were
          >broken during shipping and would like to recover these songs as they've
          >never appeared on any Danny Kaye album or CD compilations. Thanks in
          >advance for any help you might be able to give.
          >
          >Bill

          Bill, I did a MacSatellite for My Lily And My Rose, and I only found
          it as a recording by SAMMY KAYE - it may be a mispelling. Still
          looking for "Thank you. will upload it to the archive when I get them

          --
          Kelly
          AFTRA/Actor/Director
          http://www.actorsupdate.com/profiles/?KellyLincoln
          http://www.xanga.com/home.asp?user=theatremystic
          ©2001 Kelly Lincoln and may not be linked to or reproduced
          electronically without express written permission
          When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the
          conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my
          talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
        • Leonard Marry
          Message 4 of 6 , May 17, 2002
            There's a "Thank You Letter" from Mommy, Gimme a
            Drinka Water! Could this be one and the same?

            --- kelly <kellylincoln@...> wrote:
            > On a bright morning in June, mantium007 took the
            > stage found their
            > Key Light and belted out this tune:
            > >Hi all, I was wondering if anyone out there has the
            > Danny Kaye songs
            > >"Thank You" or "My Lily And My Rose" either on
            > records or MP3 audio
            > >files. I had copies on 78rpm format sent to me
            > recently that were
            > >broken during shipping and would like to recover
            > these songs as they've
            > >never appeared on any Danny Kaye album or CD
            > compilations. Thanks in
            > >advance for any help you might be able to give.
            > >
            > >Bill
            > >

            > Let me check.
            >
            > --
            > Kelly
            > AFTRA/Actor/Director
            > http://www.actorsupdate.com/profiles/?KellyLincoln
            > http://www.xanga.com/home.asp?user=theatremystic
            > �2001 Kelly Lincoln and may not be linked to or
            > reproduced
            > electronically without express written permission
            > When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I
            > come to the
            > conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more
            > to me than my
            > talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert
            > Einstein

          • kelly
            Message 5 of 6 , May 17, 2002
              If it's from 'MOMMY', I have the entire recording. shortly to be uploaded.

              On a bright morning in June, Leonard Marry took the stage found their

            • Bill Selby
              Message 6 of 6 , May 17, 2002
                No, this particular song, "Thank You", was on a 78rpm Decca
                Label from the early forties and predates "The Thank-You Letter"
                by a good 15 years.

                I received the "Thank You" 78 from a collector in Germany
                a couple of weeks ago and it was broken during shipping.

                Imagine my frustration in having a broken 78 containing a
                Danny Kaye song I've never heard and not able to repair
                and play it. I was just hoping someone would have a copy of
                the 78.

                Regarding "My Lily and My Rose", I saw this 78 advertised
                on Ebay a while back as being by Danny Kaye but also
                had a hunch it was by Sammy Kaye. Unfortunately I bid on
                it and lost and the person who bought it never received it
                from the seller. The upshot is that I'm still in the dark
                regarding whether this song is by Danny or not.

                I've spent the past year remastering and digitizing all of the
                Danny Kaye songs in my collection from 78, 45 and 33 that
                have never appeared on CD and putting them on CD's (like
                the Gilbert and Sullivan album, Mommy Gimme A Drinka
                Water album, etc.). It's great listening to clean versions of
                these great Danny songs.

                Bill