Danny Kaye - the musical

  • EvilGoddess
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 2001
      Hi folks!

      So, did anyone see the Musical? Or catch any reviews about it in the
      papers?
    • EvilGoddess
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17, 2001
        I just got an email from Jack Marshall, the director, who sent me a
        copy of the program. They used a caricature off my site :) for it and
        on the set, and he reports that all five shows were sold out, and a
        five week run is planned for the fall! So, if you're anywhere near
        Maryland then, get along to the show so you can tell us all about it!
        :)

        --- In dannykaye@y..., "EvilGoddess" <webmistress@t...> wrote:
        > Hi folks!
        >
        > So, did anyone see the Musical? Or catch any reviews about it in the
        > papers?
      • Laurel Howard
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17, 2001
          Maryland! I must have not been paying attention! Where in maryland? I am
          very near there.
          Laurel

          >From: "EvilGoddess" <webmistress@...>
          >To: dannykaye@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [dannykaye] Re: Danny Kaye - the musical
          >Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 01:15:52 -0000
          >
          >I just got an email from Jack Marshall, the director, who sent me a
          >copy of the program. They used a caricature off my site :) for it and
          >on the set, and he reports that all five shows were sold out, and a
          >five week run is planned for the fall! So, if you're anywhere near
          >Maryland then, get along to the show so you can tell us all about it!
          >:)
          >
          >--- In dannykaye@y..., "EvilGoddess" <webmistress@t...> wrote:
          > > Hi folks!
          > >
          > > So, did anyone see the Musical? Or catch any reviews about it in the
          > > papers?

        • EvilGoddess
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 17, 2001
            Doh! Well you'll have to go to the next performance :)

            Here's the nitty gritty for the musical

            Danny and Sylvia, A Musical Love Story will have a special engagement
            at The Writer's Center, 4508 Walsh Street, Bethesda, Maryland. The
            production runs March 8-11. Performances are Thursday-Saturday at 8:00
            PM with matinees at 2:30 on Saturday, March 10 and Sunday, March 11.
            Tickets are $17-$20, and there are special group rates. To purchase
            tickets and for more details call The American Century Theater at
            703-553-8782 or visit our web site at: http://www.americancentury.org

            If you do go in the fall, could you tell us about it? I'd love to hear
            what ppl think - I wish I could go myself. ;(

            --- In dannykaye@y..., "Laurel Howard" <laurelhoward@h...> wrote:
            > Maryland! I must have not been paying attention! Where in maryland?
            I am
            > very near there.
            > Laurel
            >

            > >From: "EvilGoddess" <webmistress@t...>
            > >To: dannykaye@y...
            > >Subject: [dannykaye] Re: Danny Kaye - the musical
            > >Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 01:15:52 -0000
            > >
            > >I just got an email from Jack Marshall, the director, who sent me a
            > >copy of the program. They used a caricature off my site :) for it
            and
            > >on the set, and he reports that all five shows were sold out, and a
            > >five week run is planned for the fall! So, if you're anywhere near
            > >Maryland then, get along to the show so you can tell us all about
            it!
            > >:)
            > >
            > >--- In dannykaye@y..., "EvilGoddess" <webmistress@t...> wrote:
            > > > Hi folks!
            > > >
            > > > So, did anyone see the Musical? Or catch any reviews about it in
            the
            > > > papers?

          • Laurel Howard
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 17, 2001
              Doh! is right i wasn't thinking clearly and thought it must be in new York
              and the fact that it was playing in my own back yard completely escaped me.
              I hope I'm in the country next in the fall. When will it be? If I'm around
              I'll definitely go, but I actually hope I'm not here as it will mean I don't
              get to go study for my MA in film history in London and that would suck.
              Laurel

              >From: "EvilGoddess" <webmistress@...>
              >To: dannykaye@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [dannykaye] Re: Danny Kaye - the musical
              >Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 06:27:01 -0000
              >
              >Doh! Well you'll have to go to the next performance :)
              >
              >Here's the nitty gritty for the musical
              >
              >Danny and Sylvia, A Musical Love Story will have a special engagement
              >at The Writer's Center, 4508 Walsh Street, Bethesda, Maryland. The
              >production runs March 8-11. Performances are Thursday-Saturday at 8:00
              >PM with matinees at 2:30 on Saturday, March 10 and Sunday, March 11.
              >Tickets are $17-$20, and there are special group rates. To purchase
              >tickets and for more details call The American Century Theater at
              >703-553-8782 or visit our web site at: http://www.americancentury.org
              >
              >If you do go in the fall, could you tell us about it? I'd love to hear
              >what ppl think - I wish I could go myself. ;(
              >

              >--- In dannykaye@y..., "Laurel Howard" <laurelhoward@h...> wrote:
              > > Maryland! I must have not been paying attention! Where in maryland?
              >I am
              > > very near there.
              > > Laurel
              > >

              > > >From: "EvilGoddess" <webmistress@t...>
              > > >To: dannykaye@y...
              > > >Subject: [dannykaye] Re: Danny Kaye - the musical
              > > >Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 01:15:52 -0000
              > > >
              > > >I just got an email from Jack Marshall, the director, who sent me a
              > > >copy of the program. They used a caricature off my site :) for it
              >and
              > > >on the set, and he reports that all five shows were sold out, and a
              > > >five week run is planned for the fall! So, if you're anywhere near
              > > >Maryland then, get along to the show so you can tell us all about
              >it!
              > > >:)

              >the

            • EvilGoddess
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 18, 2001
                Heehee well all I know is 'it's in the fall' - no actual dates. But
                I'll keep you posted when I hear more! I've got the program as a pdf,
                so I'll pop that on my site, if anyone wants to see it!