White Christmas

  • Cesar G.S.
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 18, 2000
      Hello, everybody.

      Firstly of all, I want wish you a MErry Christmas, and a HAppy New Year (Read it with sound of famous christmas songs, ;-)
      I hope all of you enjoy these days in anyplace of the world.

      Well, Is there some  new news in the group?  It´s quite this month......

      I´m a happy today. While I am writing this mail, I´m hearing my new two Danny Kaye CDs.  This morning I  have got "Cocktail Hour" and "Lady in the Dark".
      Here, In Spain, is very difficult to get it, but sometimes "luck smiles to someone" and sometimes someone is me......;-)
      Both Cds are very good. I had a lot of wishes to get more records of D.K. (Do you Know Napster?i hope you do. It´s great to find rare music)

      Another thing. Many times more of you asked about Pinocchio. Yesterday I saw a web page that send it. The address is:

      http://www.dvdimport.com/index.cfm?ID=8036&content=movpage&language=en

      ah, one question off topic. Anybody knows the title and the singer/composer of the song of the end titles of Pink panther show cartoons?(when a boy drives a car without the panther.........thanks.......

      well, my best wishes for everybody.

      CESAR

      Life could not better be...............(or could better be? ;-)
    • phoenixbe
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 12, 2007
        Talking about 'White Christmas' , what do you guys think about some
        music from the movie ? Here it goes ...

        1. White Christmas : Medley : Blue Skies/I'd Rather See a Minstrel
        Show/Mandy (sung by Bing Crosby & Danny Kaye)

        http://sharebee.com/1ab8e799

        2. White Christmas : Sisters (sung by Peggy Lee & Trudy Stevens with
        Joseph J. Lilley & His Orchestra)

        http://sharebee.com/575a6da0

        3. White Christmas : The Best Things Happen While Your Dancing (sung
        by Danny Kaye with Joseph J. Lilley & His Orchestra)

        http://sharebee.com/97cea88a

        4. White Christmas : Snow (sung by Bing Crosby , Danny Kaye , Peggy
        Lee & Trudy Stevens with Joseph J. Lilley & His Orchestra)

        http://sharebee.com/9adad837

        5. White Christmas : Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep (sung by
        Bing Crosby with Joseph J. Lilley & His Orchestra)

        http://sharebee.com/422654d2

        Part 2 with more songs of the movie will follow shortly .

        Happy listening and happy holidays guys ... ;o)

        Eric
      • Brigitte Neichl/BM Alsergrund
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 12, 2007
          Dear Eric!

          You're simply the best ;-)

          Thanks

          Brigitte

          -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 16, 2007
            Thanks, Eric!

            Did you ever send part 2?

            Dan

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
              Hi Dan ...
              No , I didn't send part 2 yet but here it is ... ;o)
              Work kept me from uploading it sooner .
              Better late then never , but still in time for Xmas ... lol

              Happy listening guys !

              Eric

              6. Choreography - Danny Kaye with Joseph J. Lilley and His Orchestra

              http://sharebee.com/0738a6b2

              7. Love You Didn't Do Right By Me - Peggy Lee with Joseph J. Lilley &
              His Orchestra

              http://sharebee.com/f1ea034f

              8. What Can You Do With a General ? - Bing Crosby with Joseph J.
              Lilley & His Orchestra

              http://sharebee.com/f3e80c7f

              9. The Old Man , Gee I Wish I Was Back In the Army

              http://sharebee.com/5eaea7ed

              10. White Christmas - Finale - Bing Crosby , Danny Kaye , Peggy Lee
              and Trudy Stevens with Joseph Lilley & His Orchestra

              http://sharebee.com/522995fd

              --- In dannykaye@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel E Harden"
              <danieleharden@...> wrote:

              > Thanks, Eric!
              >
              > Did you ever send part 2?
              >
              > Dan
            • Daniel E Harden
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
                Thanks, Eric.

                Now here's my contribution. This is a hard-to-find song that I got hold of
                recently. This song was the one song that was cut out of the movie White
                Christmas. It actually is a song at the beginning of the movie that Bing
                and Danny did on stage in their Christmas performance during the war, before
                Bing sings White Christmas to the servicemen. The song is called Santa
                Claus.

                "cut" White Christmas song with Bing and Danny, called "Santa Claus":

                http://sharebee.com/ff38aee7

                Enjoy!

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 19, 2007
                  Thank you very much!

                  Brigitte
                  Merry christmas and happy New Year to you!

                  -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

                  <danieleharden@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks, Eric!
                  >
                  > Did you ever send part 2?
                  >
                  > Dan

                • phoenixbe
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 20, 2007
                    Wow , THX Dan , nice one !
                    Where did you find it ?
                    Do you know why this was cut out of the movie ?
                    Does the footage still exist ?

                    I recently bought the HMV exclusive 'White Christmas"
                    DVD box set . It carries the DVD , the soundtrack ,
                    some exclusive postcards and a scriptbook .
                    A nice package for a very cheap price ... :o)

                    Eric

                    <danieleharden@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks, Eric.
                    >
                    > Now here's my contribution. This is a hard-to-find song that I got
                    hold of
                    > recently. This song was the one song that was cut out of the movie
                    White
                    > Christmas. It actually is a song at the beginning of the movie
                    that Bing
                    > and Danny did on stage in their Christmas performance during the
                    war, before
                    > Bing sings White Christmas to the servicemen. The song is called
                    Santa
                    > Claus.
                    >
                    > "cut" White Christmas song with Bing and Danny, called "Santa
                    Claus":

                    > http://sharebee.com/ff38aee7
                    >
                    > Enjoy!
                    >
                    > Dan
                  • Daniel E Harden
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 20, 2007
                      It wasn't easy to find. I first saw reference to it in the Rosemary Clooney
                      box set that recently came out, in which she sings songs from White
                      Christmas, including that one. A little sleuthing uncovered that it was cut
                      from the movie (I believe this can be read at Wikipedia -
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Christmas_(film)
                      scroll down to the section called "Songs" and check the notes under the song
                      listing where it talks of Berlin.). I then found out that the song was on a
                      "Get Archives" album called White Christmas that was released in the late
                      90's, I believe. As additional tracks, it also includes some rare Bing
                      Crosby songs and poetry as well.

                      I don't know for sure why it was cut from the movie. I assume they decided
                      to get to the scene with the general as soon as possible, as it sets up much
                      of the rest of the movie. I have no idea, unfortunately, if any footage
                      still exists.

                      At any rate, enjoy. Thought it would make a good Christmas present for this
                      list!

                      Dan

                      <danieleharden@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks, Eric.
                      >
                      > Now here's my contribution. This is a hard-to-find song that I got
                      hold of
                      > recently. This song was the one song that was cut out of the movie
                      White
                      > Christmas. It actually is a song at the beginning of the movie
                      that Bing
                      > and Danny did on stage in their Christmas performance during the
                      war, before
                      > Bing sings White Christmas to the servicemen. The song is called
                      Santa
                      > Claus.
                      >
                      > "cut" White Christmas song with Bing and Danny, called "Santa
                      Claus":

                      > http://sharebee.com/ff38aee7
                      >
                      > Enjoy!
                      >
                      > Dan
                    • Daniel E Harden
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 20, 2007
                        That link in Wikipedia should be:
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Christmas_%28film%29

                        or you can be sure to include the parenthesis in the address, which didn't
                        come out right when I typed it that was for my post.

                        Dan

                        > It wasn't easy to find. I first saw reference to it in the Rosemary
                        > Clooney
                        > box set that recently came out, in which she sings songs from White
                        > Christmas, including that one. A little sleuthing uncovered that it was
                        > cut
                        > from the movie (I believe this can be read at Wikipedia -
                        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Christmas_(film)
                        > scroll down to the section called "Songs" and check the notes under the
                        > song
                        > listing where it talks of Berlin.). I then found out that the song was on
                        > "Get Archives" album called White Christmas that was released in the late
                        > 90's, I believe. As additional tracks, it also includes some rare Bing
                        > Crosby songs and poetry as well.
                        >
                        > I don't know for sure why it was cut from the movie. I assume they
                        > decided
                        > to get to the scene with the general as soon as possible, as it sets up
                        > much
                        > of the rest of the movie. I have no idea, unfortunately, if any footage
                        > still exists.
                        >
                        > At any rate, enjoy. Thought it would make a good Christmas present for
                        > this
                        > list!
                        >
                        > Dan

                      • phoenixbe
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 25, 2007
                          BIG THX for al the info Dan ... ;o)
                          Wouldn't be great should this footage still exist ?

                          If you watch the Rosemary Clooney interview on the 'White Christmas'
                          DVD , there's some great behind the scenes pictures and little clips .

                          Eric