Ostara Giveaway, Animal Friends, Compassion Club

  • Kelli Lincoln
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2008

      New Moon blessings, everyone,

      With this latest Sabbat Kore, Ostara, we have finished the Wheel of the Year! I hope you had as much fun as I did while each of the new Kores was created. You can see the Ostara Kore and get the giveaway information here: http://dancinggoddessdolls.com/id154.htm

      Now what will we do for fun each Sabbat? Well, animals are important to most of us here, so I thought we could begin a series of Goddess Familiars, and to help me begin, I would be grateful if you could let me know what your favorite animals/familiars/totems are. When you write in to enter the Giveaway, just let me know your favorite (or top two, if you absolutely must. . .I’m one of those people who is terrible at choosing just ONE of anything, lol, so I understand). I will choose the top 8 to turn into dolls, and will reveal them throughout the coming year during the giveaways.

      One more thing you can opt into if you like is my new Kuan Yin Compassion Clan. Obviously I am a fan of altruism, and I know many of you are, too. I have met some of the most remarkable women through my dolls, women who could do with some extra loving. Some have lost children or husbands, some are piecing their inner Selves together after rape or assault, some have lost everything in hurricanes or fires. For these women I do what I can within the constaints of my schedule to offer gifts to lift their spirit, but I often wish I could do more. After hurricane Rita I did email a handful of Dancing Goddess women to help put together a care package for one of our own, and it turned out so nicely! If you would like to be “on call” to help put together goddessy care packages for sisters in need (maybe 2-3 times a year), let me know and I will put you on a private mailing list (and we can discuss more details then, too, without spamming the people who aren’t interested in being involved).

      Connected to this Compassion Clan will be a new fund to accept monetary donations to go towards Goddess Dolls for those who can’t afford one. Some people have been on this mailing list hoping to win a doll they can’t afford for years and years, and at this point I feel like I am giving away about all *I* can afford (I usually end up giving away about 3 dolls per Sabbat, in addition to various other private giveaways you never hear about). I got this idea from Sagewoman Magazine, who has such a fund for people who need assistance in affording their subscriptions. One year a long time ago I was going to cancel my subscription to Sagewoman because I just couldn’t find the money in our very-tight budget, and Anne (the editor) offered me a scholarship to keep my subscription going. This scholarship is funded by people who offer an extra donation when they make their purchases, and I thought it might be an idea that would work here, in our little “community.” (I think of it as a community, anyway, because I know most of you, lol.) You can make a donation to this new fund whenever you place an order, or just out of the blue, and any amount will help towards getting a huggable Goddess into deserving hands. Just email me privately and we can work out the payment particulars.

      Lastly, just an FYI, there is an Ostara Kore and a small Eostre in the etsy shop, and for you Southern Hermisphere friends gearing up for Autumn, there’s an Ops there, too. J (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5328082)

      This was a lot of “extra” today, so thanks for listening! Good luck in the drawing!

      (Please forgive me in advance if I don’t get a chance to respond to every email; with family stuff as busy as ever, I’ve only had about 1-2 days a week for sewing and email, and the more time I spend on email, the less time I have for sewing, and people are waiting about 5-6 weeks for dolls as it is! (Everyone has been very patient, but before Emrys was born I was so proud of my within-the-week turnaround, lol. Those were the days!!) Please be thinking about a Sabbat ahead for gift-giving, if possible – thank you so much!)

      Love and Blessings,

      ~ Kelli

      Dancing Goddess Dolls

      Playful and Spiritually-Inspired Dolls and Embroidered Gifts